Login

Help with Nebula update.

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Help with Nebula update.

Postby mightymosaic » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:32 am

Hey trying to update to the newest version of nebula. The reason i haven't yet is because every single time i update to a newer version NOTHING goes right. So heres the process I update using the installer i make sure all my paths are correct for i install . I open reaper open a nebula instance and BAM master descriptor not found. I check the xml files next to the Dl files and NO paths are in those files whatsoever. Im super confused and need to get back to work and im tired of trial and error. any help will be apreciated. Im running nebula server 64 on reaper 64 win 7
mightymosaic

Re: Help with Nebula update.

Postby mightymosaic » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:40 am

Reintalled Nebula fresh from the 135.5 version and when i opened it everything worked properly, I upgraded to the 136.7 changed the names as stated in the instructions backed up the old files and now when i open nebula in reaper, Reaper Crashes. I checked the Xmls and they are almost empty. Any idea?
mightymosaic

Postby giancarlo » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:20 am

open a ticket!
there will be a new installer...
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby mightymosaic » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:07 pm

I opened a ticket, Im having a completely different issue now even thoughe the previous is still un resolved. I just opened a session in reaper from a week ago and the majority of my nebula instances are on the INIT page and no longer have the same settings as i saved in the session. ALL of my projects are pretty much FUCKED at the moment and im kinda stressing out. Any help Acustica audio?
mightymosaic

Postby RJHollins » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:14 pm

Did you do a new install ... or did you do upgrade ?
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby mightymosaic » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:17 pm

I did the upgrade that didnt work. so i did a new install all together.
mightymosaic

Postby giancarlo » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:19 pm

install a setup, than your init key again
At the end verify you are running the same dspbuffer as before
Open nebula.xml using notepad and chech datapath is pointing to a valid repository/ programs and fectors folder
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby mightymosaic » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:39 pm

I dont know what install a setup means? How do i check to see if the dsp buffers were the same?

This is what the new nebula 3.7 has in its XML

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<?generated by Nebula2 parser?>
<MASTER>
<DATAPATH> D:\nebulatemprepository\ </DATAPATH>
<FIXEDQUALITY> 0 </FIXEDQUALITY>
<NODROP> 1 </NODROP>
<DICTIONARYSUBPATH> Dictionaries/ </DICTIONARYSUBPATH>
<DICTIONARYROMNAME> Rom.xml </DICTIONARYROMNAME>
<ACQUASUBPATH> Acquas/ </ACQUASUBPATH>
</MASTER>

Keep in mind that i use nebulasetups and every library has its own Dl. I havent updated since 3.6 because i always have the hardest time getting everything run smoothly. Anyways that is why i am still able to run nebula instances cause all of my DL's were setup using the 3.6 version of nebula. So what im trying to say right now is I havent altered any of the libraries that have there own Dl's So why are my sessions opening with the majority of my nebula instances on the INIT page?
mightymosaic

Postby mightymosaic » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:37 am

I fixed the The issue with older projects not having the proper nebula libraries loaded. Had to delete the newer nebula DL's and put the older ones back in there place. so thats not an issue thank god. Still waiting on a way to update to 3.7 Thanks fellas.
mightymosaic

Postby richie43 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:03 am

mightymosaic wrote:I fixed the The issue with older projects not having the proper nebula libraries loaded. Had to delete the newer nebula DL's and put the older ones back in there place. so thats not an issue thank god. Still waiting on a way to update to 3.7 Thanks fellas.

Try doing the upgrade as you did before. But before you do it, copy/paste the xml's to a different location. After the upgrade, over-write the xml's with the xml's you just copy/pasted.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to Working with Nebula