Login

neb free vs neb pro vs. neb server

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

neb free vs neb pro vs. neb server

Postby flipnaut » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:17 pm

Hi,

i recognized, that the free nebula version has some better technology than nebula pro.

It says:
server = Core 5 and many engine options
pro = only Core 4, cached vectorial engine only
free = Core 5 and same engine options as server

So if i am correct: The free version is better than my purchased Nebula Pro Version? :shock:

Will it sound better, if i use the Core 5 technology? I have 64 bit Win, AMD X6, 16 GB Ram, SSD, Studio One 64 bit.
Monitors:PSI A21m, System: Presonus Studio One Pro V3, Intel i7 4790k. Plugins: Pink2412, Amethyst2,Navy, Honey, Scarlet3, Ochre, Magenta3, Titanium, Blue, EQp1, Silk. HW: AML EZ1073, Ap*550a, Chandle* LD Comp, Tape 542. Visit me on: http://audiopaw.de/
flipnaut
Expert
Expert

Re: neb free vs neb pro vs. neb server

Postby Support » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:03 am

flipnaut wrote:Hi,

i recognized, that the free nebula version has some better technology than nebula pro.

It says:
server = Core 5 and many engine options
pro = only Core 4, cached vectorial engine only
free = Core 5 and same engine options as server

So if i am correct: The free version is better than my purchased Nebula Pro Version? :shock:

Will it sound better, if i use the Core 5 technology? I have 64 bit Win, AMD X6, 16 GB Ram, SSD, Studio One 64 bit.

Nebula3 Free it is a demonstration of Nebula3 Server, we did not change the product name. Nebula3 FREE can not load commercial 3rd libraries and emulation presets can not be edited and/or saved.

Nebula3 Server and Nebula4 are the current product under developing, basically Nebula3 Server customer are getting Nebula4 features for free. You can consider Nebula3 Pro, Nebula3 and Nebula2 legacy products.

Several features in Nebula3 Server and Nebula4 are not sound related, are performance related, but several feature from CORE5 are partially implemented in old COREs, Nebula3 Pro for example.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby flipnaut » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:15 pm

Interesting. Can i upgrade pro to server?
Monitors:PSI A21m, System: Presonus Studio One Pro V3, Intel i7 4790k. Plugins: Pink2412, Amethyst2,Navy, Honey, Scarlet3, Ochre, Magenta3, Titanium, Blue, EQp1, Silk. HW: AML EZ1073, Ap*550a, Chandle* LD Comp, Tape 542. Visit me on: http://audiopaw.de/
flipnaut
Expert
Expert

Postby mtalavera » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:44 pm

flipnaut wrote:Interesting. Can i upgrade pro to server?

You can definitely upgrade from Pro to Server. I just did that myself about a month ago. If you go to the Store menu at the top of the web page, one of the menu options under Nebula is Upgrades. That will get you the upgrade pricing for you to purchase.

Now, installing Server is a whole different thing because there is no actual setup for Server. The Server installation files in your Download area of the Dashboard will all say Upgrade. You have to have Nebula Pro installed first, then you perform the Upgrade of the same equivalent version, the latest being 1.3.770.

At least this is what my experience was, there may be an easier way to go about the upgrade. I haven't found any documentation myself about how to upgrade, just pieced things together from various forum postings. The actual Installation and Authorization guide doesn't mention anything about upgrades.
mtalavera

Postby hwasser » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:13 pm

Wow guys. You must really change the naming on your products. Nebula 3 server .. sounds like something you only need when you use a server. :p

Nebula Ultimate or something? :p
hwasser
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby flipnaut » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:40 pm

yes, what hwasser says is right!

I think not many people use a server, but they want perhaps a ultimate use of nebula... so why not explain that in a better way?

Server should be a patch - free for all - to use if they own a second system...

What i would like to know: How high are the differencies to Neb Pro? Is Server (without using a server) so much faster and better? Do you can fell it?
I ask because i could better wait then until nebula 4 comes out.
flipnaut
Expert
Expert

Postby Support » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:12 am

flipnaut wrote:Interesting. Can i upgrade pro to server?

Always!
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby Support » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:14 am

hwasser wrote:Wow guys. You must really change the naming on your products. Nebula 3 server .. sounds like something you only need when you use a server. :p

Nebula Ultimate or something? :p

All instances are sharing resources, so they are networking, Nebula3 Server it is the correct name.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby Support » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:21 am

I think not many people use a server, but they want perhaps a ultimate use of nebula... so why not explain that in a better way?

RE: Resource problem, full working in Nebula4.

What i would like to know: How high are the differences to Neb Pro? Is Server (without using a server) so much faster and better? Do you can fell it?

RE: It depends. Nebula3 Server have RAM sharing feature, but you should load the same emulation preset several time. Nebula3 Server it is CORE5 with a lot of new features, but it is quite difficult to give you an exact number due the high number of CPUs available in the market.
I ask because i could better wait then until nebula 4 comes out.

Irrelevant, you are loosing time and cool Nebula3 Server features, Acustica Audio always ask for the difference when you do a product upgrade.

(Yes, we are Italian and we are crazy!)
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby kindafishy » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:48 pm

Support wrote:Irrelevant, you are loosing time and cool Nebula3 Server features, Acustica Audio always ask for the difference when you do a product upgrade.

(Yes, we are Italian and we are crazy!)

Not irrelevant if a prospective user is hoping that Nebula 4 will be less expensive than Nebula 3, and not irrelevant if a prospective user is hoping that there are not "Server" and "Pro" versions, but instead, just "Nebula 4".
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Next

Return to Working with Nebula