Login

need help in config my nebula reverb to play some verbs etc

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

need help in config my nebula reverb to play some verbs etc

Postby Scottf » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:16 am

please help, as trying to demo some third party libraries, and nebula programs having issues playing, described in my words further below->
Im on Logic 8 mac osX 10.6.8
Ive a 2.4ghz intel core 2 duo processor & my memory is 4gb
vie the nebula 3 pro server edition latest upgrade……

On opening nebula in logic 8-Nebula reverb opens @ *L timed 10.0ms & *L freqd 6.000s

using adjustments I can raise *L timed as far as 30.0ms & *L freqd to "0.743s"

from a demo of norland verb & delay, "cupwise" state:

if you want to use this reverb properly, you are going to have to change nebula's setup so that it will allow you to load a reverb with sample lengths up to 7 seconds.
You need to find these tags in the nebula setup .xml:

<LTIMED> X </LTIMED>
<FREQD> X </FREQD>
Where 'X' will be some number. Change them to this:
<LTIMED> 10000000 </LTIMED>
<FREQD> 10000000 </FREQD>

on various other demos of verbs etc from various third partys, in default nebula reverb state as mentioned above settings"*L timed 10.0ms & *L freqd 6.000s"

Im running into varying degrees of issues on play, of disrupted audio or nebula effects, in a" jittered"/"broken signal"

on a side note when I purchased first day nebula server I didn't quite understand the use & still don't should the application nebula server be open in background while using nebula in logic 8 Im running my production on a sole computer, so when I purchase I read along the lines of "sharing processing" etc how do you use this edition of the nebula purchase for it to be effective & in what circumstances?
Scottf
User Level VI
User Level VI

Re: need help in config my nebula reverb to play some verbs

Postby giancarlo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:43 am

no, don't change TIMED. Latest nebula releases don't need you mess with it at all. You could change FREQD if you have libraries which are featuring more than 6 seconds tail.

About issues playing reverbs, increase DSPBUFFER and push SAVE, reload.

About server, automatically nebula clients uses an internal server, so you don't need to run the server component at all, unless you need to run nabula using a lan cable, or you want to use x64 from a 32 bits host-sequencer
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Support » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:16 pm

Im running into varying degrees of issues on play, of disrupted audio or nebula effects, in a" jittered"/"broken signal"

on a side note when I purchased first day nebula server I didn't quite understand the use & still don't should the application nebula server be open in background while using nebula in logic 8 Im running my production on a sole computer, so when I purchase I read along the lines of "sharing processing" etc how do you use this edition of the nebula purchase for it to be effective & in what circumstances?

Hello Scottf. Nebula will cut your audio if internally exceeds +3 dBFSD. Check you levels first. Then check your CPU consumption.

Nebula3 Server will save RAM sharing RAM space when you load the same emulation preset more than one time, you only use RAM for N2P file but not for N2V file.

There is a lot of information in the forum in Tips and FAQ section, did you spend time to read it?

If you need personalized assistance send us a support ticket.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby Scottf » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:11 pm

thanks each of the replys!

I forgot about the dsp bnuffer which im sure I configured in my older version and it made reverbs possible, I will check this again for my issue & I might but prob doubtful had high levels, Ill keep that in mind...& yes have read many FAQ etc etc Im sure I didnt see everything!

hopefully get it all sorted soon, if it becomes a bigger issue I will submit ticket, thanks
Scottf
User Level VI
User Level VI

Return to Working with Nebula