Login

How many instances of Nebula in 96K?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: How many instances of Nebula in 96K?

Postby Support » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:24 pm

Jordi wrote:thanks giancarlo !!! I might add that once made the mixture, when rendering the stereo track, we could suplentar nebula reverb instance, for an instance of nebula and the kernels to the fullest. This is correct, no ?? I do not want to misinform you superhero81 companion.

Yes and no. Technically you can do it, sonically it is not recommended, Nebula reverb MAST page it is tweaked for long kernels and could sound different.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby Jordi » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:25 pm

OK, so then I think it keeps best instance Nebula Reverb and upload kernels.

thanks
Jordi
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby superhero81 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:44 pm

Ok, so here is my problem.
When I'm working in 96k and I change the DSpbuffer to 2048, I can get about 7-9 instances of Nebula running well. Seems correct right? (Quad Core 3.4ghz, 8gbs of ram)
Well, I can't seem to get a CLEAN bounce down in 96k.
Even if I have ONLY ONE instance of nebula running. I get pops, glitches, and dropouts on my bounce down track. Usually on the 2nd half of the audio wave. Doesn't matter which library I use. Same thing happens on each bounce down. Pops, clicks, glitches, etc.
Everything is fine in 44k and 48k.
What can I do? It's so strange.
Thanks guys!
superhero81
User Level III
User Level III

Postby giancarlo » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:48 pm

open a ticket, it is not normal
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby TranscendingMusic » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:09 pm

superhero81 wrote:Ok, so here is my problem.
When I'm working in 96k and I change the DSpbuffer to 2048, I can get about 7-9 instances of Nebula running well. Seems correct right? (Quad Core 3.4ghz, 8gbs of ram)
Even if I have ONLY ONE instance of nebula running. I get pops, glitches, and dropouts on my bounce down track. Usually on the 2nd half of the audio wave. Doesn't matter which library I use. Same thing happens on each bounce down. Pops, clicks, glitches, etc.
Thanks guys!

I am sensing that you have some synthedit/flowstone (Variety of sound may be?) plugins in the session, perhaps? This sounds like classic symptoms of that.
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby superhero81 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:27 pm

TranscendingMusic wrote:
Thanks guys!

I am sensing that you have some synthedit/flowstone (Variety of sound may be?) plugins in the session, perhaps? This sounds like classic symptoms of that.

Hi, nope. Nothing except ONE instance of Nebula. Nothing else. Think I'll buy the new update. What's the difference between Pro and the Server. Is it worth the update since Nebula 4 is coming soon?
Thanks again guys!
superhero81
User Level III
User Level III

Postby TranscendingMusic » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:01 am

superhero81 wrote:
TranscendingMusic wrote:
Thanks guys!

Hi, nope. Nothing except ONE instance of Nebula. Nothing else. Think I'll buy the new update. What's the difference between Pro and the Server. Is it worth the update since Nebula 4 is coming soon?
Thanks again guys!

ah, oh well it sounds just like that issue but yea not normal if its just 1 instance. The main difference is server has tcp/ip support for networking instances.
mixing | mastering
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby superhero81 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:27 am

I appreciate you trying to help though. :)
Is it worth updating Nebula now since Nebula 4 is on the horizon?
How is Sonar X3 btw?
superhero81
User Level III
User Level III

Postby TranscendingMusic » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:00 am

no problem ;)

I imagine there will be an upgrade path anyway. G is that right?

X3e is awesome. It's got some bugs but not many - at least not for me. The ones that are present I have reported and tech support are working on it. Question though, don't you use X3? I notice you posted that under your specs. Unless you just wanted to know what I think of it.
mixing | mastering
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby superhero81 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:31 am

I use 8.5. I do loop recording a lot on vocals. My computer is in on room and my vocal booth is in another so I like to do about 10 good vocal takes.
I heard the new Sonar versions record them off time, so I didn't bother with it yet.
Maybe I'll try the upgrade for both Sonar and Nebula. :)
superhero81
User Level III
User Level III

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula