Login

Need to roll back to earlier version

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Need to roll back to earlier version

Postby edbilleaud » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:34 pm

giancarlo wrote:yes it is ok

Eureka, it seems to be working! Thank you!
I had all the buffers at 8172 before the upgrade, and did not realize I had to re-set them, sorry. Many thanks. It sounds fantastic.
My CPU usage seems higher than before. Is that to be expected, or is there something else I need to check? Thank you so much.
edbilleaud
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby edbilleaud » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:38 pm

Mauri wrote:
You don't need to unistall before doing updates. Matter of fact, if you do uninstall, you'll have to re-authorise Nebula.

Also, you probably don't need to run Nebula at 8xxx buffer size, 2xxx will usually do, 4xxx at the most.

Mauri.

Thank you, I am glad to hear that the un-install is not needed. I was very confused. I am an old engineer from the analogue days, and less computer-savvy than many on this board. My apologies.
My CPU usage seems higher after the upgrade. I was always at the highest buffer previously, without issue. Just curious, why do you advise a lower buffer? And, should I attempt adjustments to lower the CPU, or leave it alone? Thanks.
edbilleaud
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby Support » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:28 pm

OSX Installer are setup and upgrade (version update) at the same time, you don't need to uninstall first, but if something goes wrong, you should uninstall, uninstall in OSX does not exit it's just delete files (manually normally).
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby edbilleaud » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:43 pm

Support wrote:OSX Installer are setup and upgrade (version update) at the same time, you don't need to uninstall first, but if something goes wrong, you should uninstall, uninstall in OSX does not exit it's just delete files (manually normally).

OK, thank you, it all seems OK now.
I apologize for my ignorance and frustration. Sorry to have troubled anyone. Thank you.
edbilleaud
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby Mauri » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:18 am

Hi, Ed?,

I only mentioned the lower buffer sizes because of the amount of annoying latency/lag (annoying even when mixing) which you get using larger buffers.

All the best,

Mauri.
Cubase Pro 8 x64 + jBridge, W10 x64 Dual Boot on 2 SSDs + 3 SSDs for samples & project files, i7 5930K @ 4.2GHz, ASUS X99 Pro, 32GB RAM, RME HDSPe AIO, 2 x UAD2 Solo, Mackie HR624 MK2, 2 x 24" BenQ LED monitors, Nebula 3 Pro & Server x64.
Mauri
User Level X
User Level X

Postby edbilleaud » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:19 pm

Mauri wrote:Hi, Ed?,

I only mentioned the lower buffer sizes because of the amount of annoying latency/lag (annoying even when mixing) which you get using larger buffers.

All the best,

Mauri.

I appreciate your replies,thank you.
edbilleaud
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula