Login

Need to roll back to earlier version

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Need to roll back to earlier version

Postby edbilleaud » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:44 pm

I bought a 3rd party library, and the programs wouldn't show in the Nebula menu. The 3rd party developer told me I needed to upgrade to the latest version. I did.
Apparently, this was a mistake, as now my system won't even run.
Of course, I have several projects underway, so I need to get back to where I was before the upgrade.
I need to roll back to an earlier version of Nebula.
Problem is, I cannot locate any older versions on the website.
Can anyone point me to where I may find them, and/or give me any other advice on how to do this.
Oh, and by the way, after this, I am done with Nebula. This is really the last straw. I thought a couple of years ago when Nebula just "timed itself out" (anybody remember that?) I was done, but I hung in there. But now, after specifically being told by both the 3rd party dev AND by Nebula support that I should upgrade, and then it wrecking my system, I have had enough.
edbilleaud
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Re: Need to roll back to earlier version

Postby zabukowski » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:48 pm

edbilleaud wrote:I bought a 3rd party library, and the programs wouldn't show in the Nebula menu. The 3rd party developer told me I needed to upgrade to the latest version. I did.
Apparently, this was a mistake, as now my system won't even run.
Of course, I have several projects underway, so I need to get back to where I was before the upgrade.
I need to roll back to an earlier version of Nebula.
Problem is, I cannot locate any older versions on the website.
Can anyone point me to where I may find them, and/or give me any other advice on how to do this.
Oh, and by the way, after this, I am done with Nebula. This is really the last straw. I thought a couple of years ago when Nebula just "timed itself out" (anybody remember that?) I was done, but I hung in there. But now, after specifically being told by both the 3rd party dev AND by Nebula support that I should upgrade, and then it wrecking my system, I have had enough.

Sorry to hear that.

You system won't run ?? Can you be more specific, i am sure solution can be found for your problem.

Can you be more specific about what is not working, system specs etc. ?
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby edbilleaud » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:09 pm

Thanks, my system specs are: Mac OSX.6.8, Logic 9.x, 2008 8-core Mac Pro, Metric Hala A/D/A, running at 24/96, Nebula 3 Pro latest.
When I installed the upgrade a couple of days ago, I was able to see the new programs in the menu, so I though everything was OK. But, yesterday when I opened a project with Nebula instances, I immediately got a CPU warning window, and the project will not run with Nebula. When Nebula is removed, project runs fine. This project was running fine with Nebula previously.
edbilleaud
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby botus99 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:51 pm

Which Nebula version were you using before you updated? I know they have 2 or 3 older versions in the My Products page, under Customer Area. Maybe those will help?
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:14 pm

sure you are running the same dspbuffer as before?
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Support » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:08 am

To be more specific:

1 - You are using Nebula3 Pro AU x86 in Logic 9. Right?

2 - Did you read this?
The Nebula tip of the month (#46 - April 2014)
Solving issues with Nebula in Audio Units format
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=27999

NOTE: upgrade software in middle of a project is not recommended, if you time table it's too busy, buy a test computer or setup an OS partition to test before update.
Have at last 3 backups of your software, you can not work without it, two local backup plus an online one it's a good practice.

I'm uploading 1.3.707 (Setup Upgrade Nebula3 Pro x86 1.3.707 VSTGUI3.mpkg) for you.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby edbilleaud » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:41 pm

Support wrote:To be more specific:

1 - You are using Nebula3 Pro AU x86 in Logic 9. Right?

2 - Did you read this?
The Nebula tip of the month (#46 - April 2014)
Solving issues with Nebula in Audio Units format
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=27999

NOTE: upgrade software in middle of a project is not recommended, if you time table it's too busy, buy a test computer or setup an OS partition to test before update.
Have at last 3 backups of your software, you can not work without it, two local backup plus an online one it's a good practice.

I'm uploading 1.3.707 (Setup Upgrade Nebula3 Pro x86 1.3.707 VSTGUI3.mpkg) for you.

Thank you for your help.
I had not read the Tip. I just did now, however, I'm sorry, but I do not really understand much of it.
Am I supposed to manually un-install everything Nebula before performing the upgrade? I am on a 32 bit system.

I was telling myself before the upgrade that it was a bad idea in the middle of a project. But, I always have projects underway, and I had been advised that the upgrade was OK, and I trusted that advice.
However, I certainly will never try it again.

I do have multiple back-ups. I have never had to go into a back up to roll back to an earlier version of software, so I was hoping not to have to do that, and I thank you for uploading another version, I will try to install it. Again, do I have to completely un-install everything Nebula before I do this?

I always download and test upgrades on my laptop before installing them on my studio machine. In this case, I thought my only issue was that the new 3rd party programs I bought were not showing in the drop down menu. When I opened the upgrade on my laptop and saw the new programs, I thought the issue was solved with the upgrade. Only later, when I installed the upgrade on my studio machine and tried to run a project, did I discover something was wrong.

Thank you again for your assistance.
edbilleaud
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby edbilleaud » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:54 pm

giancarlo wrote:sure you are running the same dspbuffer as before?

AHA! I just tried this on my laptop, the buffer in a Nebula instance was 512, I increased it to 8xxx, and the project ran! Perhaps this was the problem!
I will try this on my studio machine. If it works, I will be eternally grateful to you for this advice. Thank you!
Note: I did not manually or otherwise un-install previous Nebula versions, is that OK?
edbilleaud
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby giancarlo » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:08 pm

yes it is ok
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Mauri » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:09 pm

edbilleaud wrote:
giancarlo wrote:sure you are running the same dspbuffer as before?

AHA! I just tried this on my laptop, the buffer in a Nebula instance was 512, I increased it to 8xxx, and the project ran! Perhaps this was the problem!
I will try this on my studio machine. If it works, I will be eternally grateful to you for this advice. Thank you!
Note: I did not manually or otherwise un-install previous Nebula versions, is that OK?

You don't need to unistall before doing updates. Matter of fact, if you do uninstall, you'll have to re-authorise Nebula.

Also, you probably don't need to run Nebula at 8xxx buffer size, 2xxx will usually do, 4xxx at the most.

Mauri.
Cubase Pro 8 x64 + jBridge, W10 x64 Dual Boot on 2 SSDs + 3 SSDs for samples & project files, i7 5930K @ 4.2GHz, ASUS X99 Pro, 32GB RAM, RME HDSPe AIO, 2 x UAD2 Solo, Mackie HR624 MK2, 2 x 24" BenQ LED monitors, Nebula 3 Pro & Server x64.
Mauri
User Level X
User Level X

Next

Return to Working with Nebula