Login

completely Nebula noob wants to get nebulized ;)

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: completely Nebula noob wants to get nebulized ;)

Postby flipnaut » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:07 am

Hello giancarlo

one further question: Should i start to work in 96 khz with acqua? Because i read abaout in in the description of NT-4 Plugin. Until now i always worked with 44.1

My projects need a long time now to load and i read that loading would be faster in 96khz.

Would also the sound be better in 96 Khz together with the plugins? Or is this just a special thing with the cd soundmaster plugins?
Monitors:PSI A21m, System: Presonus Studio One Pro V3, Intel i7 4790k. Plugins: Pink2412, Amethyst2,Navy, Honey, Scarlet3, Ochre, Magenta3, Titanium, Blue, EQp1, Silk. HW: AML EZ1073, Ap*550a, Chandle* LD Comp, Tape 542. Visit me on: http://audiopaw.de/
flipnaut
Expert
Expert

Re: VST & AU complete updater to vers 1.3.763

Postby mathias » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:56 am

hi, welcome to nebula world :D
there are different opinions on that 96khz matter, as you may imagine :P
i personally don't see the benefit, when you work out your sound carefully in 44.1 khz to your ears liking.
faster loading is only when you have librarys, that need to be downsampled on loading. there are many librarys sampled in 44.1 khz that just sound great.
(some devs are even sampling in all different rates, so you can choose what you need)

the new acqua technology is loading pretty fast in all different rates due to automatic samplerate detection and will load the appropriate vectors automatically.

to work entirely in 96 khz has some cost on hd space and (much more an issue) will cost a lot of cpu, which nebula itself does already.
and then there are things soundwise you really have to watchout for, when downsampling for distribution.
so it is not only going to 96 khz and all is better, it can also get worse ...

don't want to discourage :mrgreen: , just some thoughts.
have fun with nebula,
best,
mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Re: completely Nebula noob wants to get nebulized ;)

Postby flipnaut » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:16 am

Okay thank you mathias :)
Monitors:PSI A21m, System: Presonus Studio One Pro V3, Intel i7 4790k. Plugins: Pink2412, Amethyst2,Navy, Honey, Scarlet3, Ochre, Magenta3, Titanium, Blue, EQp1, Silk. HW: AML EZ1073, Ap*550a, Chandle* LD Comp, Tape 542. Visit me on: http://audiopaw.de/
flipnaut
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula