Login

completely Nebula noob wants to get nebulized ;)

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

completely Nebula noob wants to get nebulized ;)

Postby flipnaut » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:14 am

Hello,

i'm completely in love with nebula stuff since one week. I love the RedEQ, i love the CD-Soundmaster free Stuff Nice EQ and NT4... i tried then the free version of nebula and did my first mix with it and bämmm... wow. What a really perfect high end / 3d sound it gives me. I'm completely blown away. Now i want completely change to the nebula side and i will sell the crappy slate stuff ;)

What would be the best way? I thought about to buy the standaolne units... but yesterday i figured out that nebule perhaps would be first a cheaper choice to change into this universe. The free nebula plug is really cool and gives a idea what perhaps would the pro-version of nebula to my mix.

I read about 3rd Party Plugins and really want to have some cool emulations of N**e, A*I, Vintage stuff and so on... Well i do only Rock-Music and what i need is simply console, tape, eq, comp, reverb, limiter... the classic way. What would be the best 3rd-Party-Plugin- Compilation to go into these new dimensions? And could you post here some links to look at those? Are there even also some free libraries?

I figured out (i use presonus studio one in 44.1, 32 floated at 64bit) that nebula is very special to use... yesterday i recognized to click onto the word "init" or so and i found the plugs inside of the free nebula unit...not easy to find how it works :D

Thank you and i hope to get some awnsers here :)
Monitors:PSI A21m, System: Presonus Studio One Pro V3, Intel i7 4790k. Plugins: Pink2412, Amethyst2,Navy, Honey, Scarlet3, Ochre, Magenta3, Titanium, Blue, EQp1, Silk. HW: AML EZ1073, Ap*550a, Chandle* LD Comp, Tape 542. Visit me on: http://audiopaw.de/
flipnaut
Expert
Expert

Re: completely Nebula noob wants to get nebulized ;)

Postby giancarlo » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:13 pm

standalone are a good investment because you can load also as standard nebula libraries. I suggest to get a nebula player too, in order to run the impressive number of libraries available (most of them are quite free or free or very cheap) and buy specific standalone for replacing specific hardware (we'll have an impressive collection soon) or your most important tasks.
Think to standalone acquas as advanced nebula libraries, with the option of running them as common plugins. The beauty of nebula, you could run them as libraries too, and automate them in 3rd party tools like nebulaman, nebulasetups and so on.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby flipnaut » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:44 pm

Hi,

but it is possible to get a sound with nebula pro libraries which is similar to the blue-eq or Pulteq, right? Of course it is a cooler look and feel to use a standalone plug... and perhaps soundwise it gives me 10 percents more?

So a first purchase could be to buy nebula pro, right? Next step would be to find free stuff... and later on i could buy a standalone, like the blue-eq or the pulteq.

I believe this would give me in a first step the most possibilitys?

What i really miss is a good limiter or a lowcut eq in nebula free :)

What do you mean with: "you will have soon a impressive collection"? Should i wate to buy nebula?
Monitors:PSI A21m, System: Presonus Studio One Pro V3, Intel i7 4790k. Plugins: Pink2412, Amethyst2,Navy, Honey, Scarlet3, Ochre, Magenta3, Titanium, Blue, EQp1, Silk. HW: AML EZ1073, Ap*550a, Chandle* LD Comp, Tape 542. Visit me on: http://audiopaw.de/
flipnaut
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:04 pm

yes... plenty of libraries! acqua plugins are just easier to eyes and workflow.
about limiters, wait for acqua plugins.About eq, there are plenty of commercial libraries.

About your question, we'll publish an impressive collection of acquas. They are incredibly good, but not as much cheap as nebula if you sum all prices. It happens because the creation of a proper gui has a cost. We check carefully the sound, we have a proper betatesting cycle, we tune and even implement new features in our skinning engine, because on each product there is a serious investment (just for the sound around 4 days for sampling and a week for tuning). It is easy to get 30 days of cost for a single release.
My suggestion is nebula for the 'mass' and single acqua plugins for particular gear you need with a proper workflow and precision.

Last but not least, there are over 600 libraries for nebula. More than 20000 models. But the workflow is still affected, try nebula free
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby flipnaut » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:41 pm

Hallo giancarlo,

thank you.

i already tested nebula free and it is really very good. Even there are only one fader sometimes i like it... So hopefully i will like nebula pro as well and hope to get more options.

the eqs look awesome good of acqua. Really like the skin of the RedEQ. Yes you are right... it is a much cooler feeling when you use the smaller unit-plugins like RedEQ instead of the Nebula thing. But to go into this universe i really need a big librarie first to start into this universe. One EQ doesn't matter first...

Okay i think i will wait and see what you are throwing out as a bundle. That could be really interesting! I must say i also like the CD Soundmaster stuff as well.
flipnaut
Expert
Expert

Postby flaviusr » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:27 pm

I feel the acquas plugins little expensive for Nebula users that bought Pro or Server versions looking to have access to all Nebula goodness.

Would be really nice to have them for Nebula with a better price, it is very technical possible and many people will not stop to buy the acquas as a individual plugin because they don't have Nebula or want different GUI. You will not loose any money at all, on the contrary.

I think this approach just weaken Nebula world and lost original spirit.

All the best,

F
Dual boot /LGA 2011 /i7 3820 /32 GB /GA-X79S-UP5 / osX 10.9.5 - Win 10
Mac Book Pro 2.4 Ghz / 8 Gb / osX 10.9.5
Prism Sound Lyra 2 - RME-Fireface UCX - Octamic XTC
Pro Tools 12.5 Cubase 8.5 Reaper 5.25 Wavelab 9 Ozone 7 Nebula Server Ultimate
flaviusr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby flipnaut » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:06 pm

Hallo flaviusr,

as he explained it takes around 30 days to build such one plugin... so you have to earn 40.000 € or so if there are 4-6 people working on it... to get this money back which they spend, they have to set this price. But i also think that around 30 € for just one of the eq's would be enough - if there are many people who would buy it. They would perhaps sell more and in the end they would have more money. The problem ist: There are no youtube
-videos and so on... so from a customer point of view there is no ground to pay more than 80 €... i think around 30 or 40 € would be better and people would even decide to buy two plugins;)

The RedEQ got me. Was a very nice idea to set it for free...
flipnaut
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:24 pm

there is a rule we want to apply on our products starting from the next one: from 3% to 4% of the price of the original gear. Blueq is slighly more expensive, because original gear is around 1800, anyway we are in the same ballpark.

About video, demos... yes it is exactly what we are working on
There are several reviews around on computer music too, and soon on other magazines.

At the moment the ground is the actual nebula userbase, who trusts us when we say a product is ok for a release and the price is correct. They are 'acustica' products, so a quality without compromises and a real close copy, in my opinion (and in our analyzers) the best one possible. When we say we use prism converters and we sample something, it means that reproducing the copy and the original on the same converters you can't distinguish them at all.
Our harmonics and imperfections are truncated below what humans can hear.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby flipnaut » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:53 pm

Hi,

don't talk as a PR-Hero like Steven Slate please :)I work for a german pr company, hehe ;)

Ehm i think most people don't know that they can't use Nebula with zero latency... I have to put my rme Babyface to around 2000 samples or so. This is the only way i can work with nebula. I believe this is correct, right?

I just told a friend of mine (a producer inside of a really big studio) abaout nebula. He tested the Red EQ and it didn't work on his mac :) That is the problem... he didn't changed the latency...

Well if people know, how to work with it, they will use it and buy it in masses...

You need Videos to explain how to use nebula... ;)This must be explained everywhere. :ugeek:
flipnaut
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:47 pm

you could increase latency in acqua too.
About statements, it s how the tech works, You'll find more details around, just google it. We are making an assessment of harmonic response, harmonic distortion, dynamic harmonic response and even taking in account time, and reproducing it all using a brute force approach. It's a bit like wysiwyg, the same thing reproduced by the analyzer is the same thing used for processing. So if you take a screenshot of the analyzer on hardware and on software you get the same picture.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Next

Return to Working with Nebula