Login

Cooltec - super cool!

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Cooltec - super cool!

Postby Giggy » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:34 am

I left Nebula in 2011 because even though I bought a brand new machine I couldn't achieve the workflow I wanted and I was in the middle of doing a record and didn't want to deal with it. Also I felt the skins were ugly and the way you loaded separate plugs didn't feel good to work with. I hated that text screen too, nasty to look at. However the SOUND was the future and so I dropped it and decided to come back some day.

Flash forward to now 2014 and the new Cooltec plug with it's sexy personalised skin and full functionality and one to one knob per function and increased speed and workflow and it's obvious Nebula has arrived. It also helps machines have sped up a lot too with faster chips and multi core processors.

I HAPPILY paid the 89 Euros and will continue to do so!

So just a shout out, it's fantastic stuff.
Giggy
User Level II
User Level II

Re: Cooltec - super cool!

Postby giancarlo » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:57 pm

we'll release soon incredible mastering equalizers and superfast compressors in acqua format. At the moment acquas are pieces of nebula4, so they are a bit more advanced than nebula3. The list of sampled devices will be pretty satisfying.

Anyway you could open single library instances in nebula3 too, and emulate the chain using a 3rd party chainer. For example a fast compressor is based on 2 instances, or a complex mastering eq from several ones (even dozens), we'll implement also strip channels. You could open right now in nebula 1.3.771

Meanwhile we are porting nebula to a new framework, so we'll support more formats, upgrades "should" be free but I dont want to feel the pressure for a timeframe now.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby nonstandardryder » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:10 pm

giancarlo wrote:we'll release soon incredible mastering equalizers and superfast compressors in acqua format. At the moment acquas are pieces of nebula4, so they are a bit more advanced than nebula3. The list of sampled devices will be pretty satisfying.

Meanwhile we are porting nebula to a new framework, so we'll support more formats, upgrades "should" be free but I dont want to feel the pressure for a timeframe now.

This is exciting, can you say when the new acqua eq's and compressors will be released?

Also as a nebula 3 pro user, I personally have no issues paying for upgrades and updates to support your quality and technology. I am very excited about the possibility of channel strips with full GUIs. Like a full console channel strip with: Input drive,EQ,Compressor. This would be amazing.
nonstandardryder

Postby giancarlo » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:28 pm

what: the best gear of ever
how many: 50 products
when: within a year
how: prism converters, best cables, a novel technique, a new tech
who: a little crew of internal developers, all located in our headquarters in lodi, the best and most skilled people on our tech.

Stay tuned, you'll be amazed
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby mtalavera » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:45 pm

giancarlo wrote:what: the best gear of ever
who: a little crew of internal developers, all located in our headquarters in lodi, the best and most skilled people on our tech.

50 products? I had better start putting a little money away from each paycheck now :D
mtalavera

Postby nonstandardryder » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:34 pm

:D :D :D :D :D
nonstandardryder

Postby flipnaut » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:13 pm

sounds cool, what you are telling...
Monitors:PSI A21m, System: Presonus Studio One Pro V3, Intel i7 4790k. Plugins: Pink2412, Amethyst2,Navy, Honey, Scarlet3, Ochre, Magenta3, Titanium, Blue, EQp1, Silk. HW: AML EZ1073, Ap*550a, Chandle* LD Comp, Tape 542. Visit me on: http://audiopaw.de/
flipnaut
Expert
Expert

Postby dacaveprods » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:23 pm

NiCE...
dacaveprods

Postby DavidMeShow » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:52 pm

Wow !!! :o

DavidMeShow
User Level XI
User Level XI

Return to Working with Nebula