Login

version 1.3.731

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: version 1.3.731

Postby brp » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:31 pm

nice to hear all that cool details 'g'!!

i just want to write down a few thoughts which may inspire you at some point of the nebula4 project:

one major thing comes to my mind regarding nebula in a rack situation: 'freezing'. this means you can load, say, a mammoth eq-preset, which loads a lot of programs to emulate a full massive passive, where you can switch and tweak everything in real time and therefor the preset will eat up tons of ram and cpu. but once you're finish with tweaking, you'd press a 'freeze'-button which deactivates and unloads all the staff that isn't needed!! with this approach you'd get maximum workflow/user-experience while minimizing the use of resources!! so one could create a compressor for instance, which has one program per ratio value, where one could switch easily between all the ratio values because all these programs are loaded in the background and after pressing 'freeze' all the programs are unloaded but the active one, you get the idea :idea: 8-)

i wish you a lot of fun programming nebula4!

all the best, pascal
brp
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby giancarlo » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:42 pm

it's a cool idea but I'm afraid is not possible in our *complex* architecture. It is possible we'll implement some sort of resampling in the future, but keep in mind quality will be worse, cause resampling itself. Nebula really doesn't know what is useful to keep or not. Even if you say: 'it's ok, I don't move anything else', don't forget vectors have several inputs, and time is one of them. What is alive at a particular time maybe will change in the future, so a complete forecast of what we can save and what we can delete is not simple at all.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Jordi » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:19 am

From what I'm understanding in nebula 4 we can handle all emulation programs in a single instance. This will facilitate the work for operate in real time, but hinder our CPU resources. Thus I conclude that I have to reload the settings in individual instances to save emulation programs that do not use .... Well, as we are working with Nebula3, why so serious? Or is there some but ...

On the other hand, I doubt whether jumping libraries we are using now with the vector format and Nebula Programs will support 4 or desorrollador desenvolupar will have another product with n2s format. And if the developer did not, we would (if you can) to set ourselves to get the libraries, for example a full EQ or compressor.

I hope I will understand what I mean. In the case that you can not move anything Nebula 4 understand. They are just questions that appear on the road.

Thank you very much
Jordi
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby Thierr7 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:55 pm

If i get it right , we'll be able to run Nebula 3 and 4 in the same project and opening Aqua plugins in Nebula 4 would be great ! :D
Thierr7

Postby triggerthehorizon » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:08 am

So is this version coming out shortly?
triggerthehorizon
User Level II
User Level II

Postby giancarlo » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:41 am

yes I think today we'll start betatesting RC release
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:42 am

btw it is named 1.3.742
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby triggerthehorizon » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:02 am

Awesome, I can't wait to try it out!

I love Acustica, where else can you get an answer from the head developer so quickly??
triggerthehorizon
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Support » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:01 am

Yes, we are testing RC 742.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby cpwade » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:22 am

Giancarlo, Enrique grazie come sempre... geniale, meraviglioso, perfetto. Sono grato funziona come bella donna su mac. <3
cpwade

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula