Login

nebula in cubase constant crashes ... :(

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

nebula in cubase constant crashes ... :(

Postby tatsaudio » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:27 am

Hi, i just decided try try nebula 3... as usual i got the demo/free version before... now, i do love its sound but...

the thing is... with more then 3/4 instances of nebula cubase just crashes over and over... also doesnt save changes in project.. even if i save it with a new name before it crashes... weird stuff going on!!!!

my question to users is.. since i use cubase 7.5 64 bit and nebula free is 32 bit could that be causing this

i want to make sure nebula3 pro 64 is a lot more stable then this before taking the next step
(side note) i already raised sample/latency values to max, both in cubase driver and nebula3 free options

any input on this and previous experiences (upgrades) are welcome

some more info
win7 64
Q9550
8 GB RAM

||| on that project the cubase CPU meter is around 50% and still crashes|||
tatsaudio
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: nebula in cubase constant crashes ... :(

Postby Support » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:09 pm

tatsaudio wrote:Hi, i just decided try try nebula 3... as usual i got the demo/free version before... now, i do love its sound but...

the thing is... with more then 3/4 instances of nebula cubase just crashes over and over... also doesnt save changes in project.. even if i save it with a new name before it crashes... weird stuff going on!!!!

my question to users is.. since i use cubase 7.5 64 bit and nebula free is 32 bit could that be causing this

i want to make sure nebula3 pro 64 is a lot more stable then this before taking the next step
(side note) i already raised sample/latency values to max, both in cubase driver and nebula3 free options

any input on this and previous experiences (upgrades) are welcome

some more info
win7 64
Q9550
8 GB RAM

||| on that project the cubase CPU meter is around 50% and still crashes|||

Nebula3 Free is based into Nebula3 Server both have RAM caching feature. Nebula3 Pro, Server and Free are x86 and x64. If your OS and sequencer are x64 you should install only x64 build. Both architectures are stables but x86 has several limitations.

Your Cubase project is corrupted, you loaded to much Nebula instances, Cubase will not load correctly your session.

win7 64, Q9550, 8 GB RAM

You should upgrade to i7 Gen 3/4 for run more instances, remember sequencer is reading your sequencer CPU consumption and Nebula use multi-threat so you should use OS task manager to see the real CPU consumption.

PS: I already replay your ticket.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby tatsaudio » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:04 pm

thx for help, been reading the forums and did some research, nebula doesnt like clipping and Cubase/cpu doesnt like the hits but it going to be worth it imo

about PC upgrade... i will soon but trying to get an album out "soon" and tought nebula was more important right now

the i7 4770 is next priority ;)

guess i have a lot of audio export/render to do.... still better then working with multitrack recorders haha
tatsaudio
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Support » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:37 pm

tatsaudio wrote:thx for help, been reading the forums and did some research, nebula doesnt like clipping and Cubase/cpu doesnt like the hits but it going to be worth it imo

about PC upgrade... i will soon but trying to get an album out "soon" and tought nebula was more important right now

the i7 4770 is next priority ;)

guess i have a lot of audio export/render to do.... still better then working with multitrack recorders haha

Adopt ITU 1770-3 metering and forget about digital distortion. Any sequencer don't like 100% CPU consumption. Also Pro Tools, Samplitude/Sequoia or Nuendo crash if you push CPU consumption to much.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Return to Working with Nebula