Login

Version 1.3.712 (windows)

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Version 1.3.712 (windows)

Postby jorismak » Fri May 16, 2014 8:51 am

If you want a backup of your old authorization, you should backup programs\init.n2p and vectors\init.n2v. This has been stated before (and in the manual / faq?
). The .ser file is just a way to let you show the serial number (it's not used in the authorization itself) and it will be created only once normally.

Just reinstall the license you got when you authorized your version, you can probably still download it from the Dashboard on this site.

Next up, when you install a new version, there are always TWO versions that come out: A 'Setup' version and an 'Upgrade' version. The 'Setup' version is a new fresh install which CLEARS your authorization. The 'Upgrade' version should leave it intact.
jorismak

Postby Support » Fri May 16, 2014 10:50 am

CoolColJ wrote:So I installed the upgrade version, but my installtion is no longer authorised. WTF this happens everytime a new verison comes out!

Sooo annoying. I copied a backup of my old .Ser file, but it doesn't work, and deleting it doesn't make Nebula create a new one?!

Setup installer overwrite your personal key with demo key. Delete your .SER file and run Nebula once, a new .SER file should be generated. If .SER number is different from the old one you should request a new one personal key. You can check the .SER file numbers opening the .SER file(s) with a text file editor. Your old .SER file is in your Dashboard.

All this topics are already explained in Nebula F.A.Q. and How to install, upgrade and uninstall Nebula.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Sun May 18, 2014 9:07 pm

we are starting betatesting 1.3.721 RC, it features several further optimizations and improves bypass buffers and overall dropouts.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby pleplo » Mon May 19, 2014 7:42 am

very nice version exept the jumpy control.I dont know if its because of the custom skin I use (round knobs not faders) they are reallt jumpy. its cool its a new system but it still buggy. in that departement, algo plugins are really top notch like the Waves or Slate ones ;) you can do it guys :)) cant wait

also in next update having an option so the values can be rounded to not 12.34 but averaged to 12 and snap more effenciently, also entering numerical value too should be a must :)
Plajia new album Piggie Park out NOW. (Pronounced plah-gee-ah) We make music, fock a genre. On Spotify and Bandcamp www.plajia.com
pleplo
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby giancarlo » Mon May 19, 2014 8:13 am

they are simply using juce. We'll start using juce but not for controls, at least for this year
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Mon May 19, 2014 8:14 am

btw controls are steinberg-like and they are not so bad. It depends also if you are using vstgui3 or 4 (so the version of nebula)
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula