Login

Version 1.3.708

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Version 1.3.708

Postby Support » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:08 am

tyrrell wrote:I installed the new version and the biggest problem is that every time I try to export a song it freezes my computer after 5-10%. I am running reverb on Aux busses I replaced all of the old instances with new ones. any ideas on why I can't export a song with out freezing my daw?
I need to have ten songs ready to be mastered this week!

Hello tyrrell. Please contact us through Dashboard > Submit Tickets.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby Support » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:09 am

mrtrip wrote:I have two installer exe options in my user account for 1.3.708 both with the same date but different file sizes.9.8 MB and 11.8 MB. I installed the 9.8 MB version . Is this correct?

Could be depending your product(s). Please contact us through Dashboard > Submit Tickets.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby Support » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:10 am

mtalavera wrote:I have opened up a support ticket with more details, but I had to revert back to version 681. The 64-bit version caused very strange behavior in Reaper. I have custom Nebula Setup versions for everything I own. The Gemini Audio's G2500 setup would not allow any audio through until I reloaded the program I was using and switched from Stereo to Mono-L. Then the CDSM R2R program was crackling badly. Had to remove and reload that one, too.

I also use Nomad Factory MAGMA to load Nebula in Pro Tools 11. Once I opened up a song I was working on before the upgrade, Pro Tools was maxed out of CPU and would not play any audio. Before the upgrade, the CPU usage was about 50-60%.

Replayed. Report ASAP, please.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby r0t4ry » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:10 pm

I used the upgrade to install this new version and when I get a library loaded the CPU usage is slightly less, but it takes FOREVER to load each plugin now. When I open one project that has multiple instances of Nebula I have to wait like 5 minutes for all of it to load. On a Q6600 CPU. The loading time has at least tripled compared to the previous version.

Windows 7/64
Reaper/64
r0t4ry
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Support » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:21 pm

r0t4ry wrote:I used the upgrade to install this new version and when I get a library loaded the CPU usage is slightly less, but it takes FOREVER to load each plugin now. When I open one project that has multiple instances of Nebula I have to wait like 5 minutes for all of it to load. On a Q6600 CPU. The loading time has at least tripled compared to the previous version.

Windows 7/64
Reaper/64

Please contact us through Dashboard > Submit Tickets.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:00 pm

a few of issues about buffers (startup noises, low noise perceived sometimes and so on) are fixed in version 1.3.710. We'll upload it very soon.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby harmonik » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:05 am

I'm getting fast load times for most libraries with 1.3.708, but slow for several as well.

Cupwise Smooth and Slick (10k) load very slowly; same with Mammoth. Some Doc Fear load fast (e.g. LO- 3S), others slow (e.g. HI+ 3S). All EAR reverbs I tried so far load fast. These are at native sample rates.

VNXT EMT140 loads slow but it's doing SRC so I don't know if it's actually slower than before.

I think I'll go back to FROZENBOOT for now.

I emptied the temp folder and deleted ~scanboot.xml

edit: hmmm, now FROZENBOOT back in doesn't help. The "parsing" and executing H1 to H10 still take a long time for the mentioned programs.
harmonik
User Level V
User Level V

Postby Support » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:23 am

harmonik wrote:I'm getting fast load times for most libraries with 1.3.708, but slow for several as well.

Cupwise Smooth and Slick (10k) load very slowly; same with Mammoth. Some Doc Fear load fast (e.g. LO- 3S), others slow (e.g. HI+ 3S). All EAR reverbs I tried so far load fast. These are at native sample rates.

VNXT EMT140 loads slow but it's doing SRC so I don't know if it's actually slower than before.

I think I'll go back to FROZENBOOT for now.

I emptied the temp folder and deleted ~scanboot.xml

edit: hmmm, now FROZENBOOT back in doesn't help. The "parsing" and executing H1 to H10 still take a long time for the mentioned programs.

Hello harmonik. Please contact us through Dashboard > Submit Tickets.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby mrtrip » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:54 pm

Has anyone else being experiencing loud noise sometimes, when changing Nebula presets with you DAW project playing?
mrtrip
User Level I
User Level I

Postby jorismak » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:49 pm

always have with Nebula. When loading or switching it appears buffers aren't always cleared or something.

Reaper puts the track on 'automute' quite often when loading something (means it got over +18 dbFS or something?).

StudioDevil Preamp VST has it too for example (when using the 'tube enhancer' preset if someone cares to check). So it isn't only Nebula with this issue :P.
jorismak

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula