Login

Share your knowlege of Nebula on this GS thread-Devs Invited

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Share your knowlege of Nebula on this GS thread-Devs Invited

Postby richie43 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:34 am

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-co ... st10016481

I am trying to provide a place for people to share their experiences with Nebula on other forums besides this one. GearSlutz has for some reason recently had more than a normal share of negative attitudes about Nebula. I think a large part of this is because many people who are comfortable (or at least more familiar) with Nebula tend to avoid that forum (totally understand that, it can be a weird forum experience!). Anyway, if you have some helpful info, or are curious what people have to say, go partake. Keep it nice!! Devs are encouraged to share their experience. I am hoping that if more people just share more info, maybe this crazy software will be less mysterious to more people.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Share your knowlege of Nebula on this GS thread-Devs Inv

Postby jorismak » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:32 am

Most of the experience about GS is that it's full of trolls any nobody really reads what you type but just default to premade answer, and it generally takes 2 posts to steer a thread offtopic.

I can't speak for everyone of course, but I think why a lot of Nebula users are not posting on forums like that is that we gave up.
jorismak

Postby richie43 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:31 pm

jorismak wrote:Most of the experience about GS is that it's full of trolls any nobody really reads what you type but just default to premade answer, and it generally takes 2 posts to steer a thread offtopic.

I can't speak for everyone of course, but I think why a lot of Nebula users are not posting on forums like that is that we gave up.

Indeed, but as Acustica is making a big push to move these products more into the main-stream, it's worth a try in my opinion. but whatever you think you need to do or not do is what you need to do or not do! I am just trying to do a small thing to help. Cheers!
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby SWAN » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:53 pm

GS really isnt that bad. Just the occasional troll. Otherwise pretty decent people IMO.

People on GS think Nebula users are evangelistic - and in a way - they are right. It is quite easy to incur Richies wrath from just a small negative comment about Nebula - and I found myself doggedly defending it the other day.

I love Nebula and the AA guys - but we have to remember - Nebula doesnt suit everyone. Its important to understand that - and not assume everyone is a troll and get defensive all the time. It's not great PR for Nebula IMO. Hopefully with the new developments the engine will get more mass appeal - which is what I want - what it deserves.
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Shibata » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:09 pm

I think the best advice to non Nebula users - it's a personal example, shown in the final result.
If it is pretty high quality, it is the best argument. Even for trolls.

All this talk about an awkward interface, complex settings and general difficulties of using Nebula, costs are victims of the digital world habits. Because in a real studio, the overall process is not easier. Therefore, the end user or an experienced person or impressionable novice requiring spectacle. And adapt Nebula under the latter ones, I would not.
Shibata
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby richie43 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:13 pm

SWAN wrote:It is quite easy to incur Richies wrath from just a small negative comment about Nebula

lol... I have no wrath. I just am trying to help people understand this complicated software. I rarely say anything bad or negative to people on forums. You jerk..... :lol:
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby SWAN » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:28 pm

richie43 wrote:
SWAN wrote:It is quite easy to incur Richies wrath from just a small negative comment about Nebula

lol... I have no wrath. I just am trying to help people understand this complicated software. I rarely say anything bad or negative to people on forums. You jerk..... :lol:

its meant partly as a joke - but come on mate...I read Gearslutz...I also know myself can become defensive about Nebula...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Shibata » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:06 pm

We are all Mighty Guardians of the Saint Nebula :mrgreen:
Shibata
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby richie43 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:14 pm

SWAN wrote:
richie43 wrote:

its meant partly as a joke - but come on mate...I read Gearslutz...I also know myself can become defensive about Nebula...

I know you were joking, I was just messing with you...ha ha. Anyway, I have nothing to hide. The only times I get upset is when people are spreading false info (about anything, really). I don't refute some of the negative stuff about nebula, I know that the work-flow is slower than "algo" plugins. I know that it eats CPU's for snacks. Those are things that a person accepts if they take the plunge. But sure, i get a little uppity when people say ignorant things acting as experts about something they most likely have never tried....
Either way, I started that thread to try to have a passive and positive Nebula thread somewhere else besides here where it's easy to be positive. We'll see how that goes.....
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby SWAN » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:11 pm

cool man. yeah I know its annoying when people attack it when they dont understand it... 8-)

But Gearslutz is an amazing resource - not just for information and advice - but also for marketing. I would not want to see Nebula take on a negative atmosphere. I hope to work 'with' GS and show them the sound, and the exciting new developments - whilst stamping out the mis-apprehensions... 8-)
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Next

Return to Working with Nebula