Login

NEBULA 3 SERVER BUNDLE , I NEED HELP!!

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: NEBULA 3 SERVER BUNDLE , I NEED HELP!!

Postby Support » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:55 am

Hannes_F wrote:Excuse me if this is a stupid question but if I have two computers and

No. 1 is the one that hosts my project but has too much workload

so that I want to load off work to

No. 2 which is crunching numbers (effects) for No. 1

Which is remote and which is client in your terminology?

Thank you
Hannes

No. 2. Depends on your computer, Nebula MAST page configuration and each emulation preset configuration loaded.

Which is remote and which is client in your terminology?

We use and standard networking terminology (Cisco/CCNA) but also I "invent" the words remote and local to try to explain the basic network architecture for audio mixing scenario. The server is a server and the client is a client (networking terminology). In the server computer you should run Nebula Server.

From Nebula F.A.Q.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=396&p=3361#p3361
Q.1.4 What is Nebula Server?
Nebula Server is a stand alone application for PC and MAC that work together with Nebula3 Server. Nebula plug-in loaded into sequencer will talk and share resources with Nebula Server stand alone application like others client/server network application. Nebula Server can run in the same computer than Nebula3 Server client plug-in and work as a x64/x86 architecture bridge or in a extra computer, a server computer, sharing CPU, RAM and HDD resources through a LAN network.

In the client computer you should run Nebula3 Server that after you add IP/PORT tag you convert into Nebula3 Client.

On client computer, you will run sequencer and inside sequencer you will run Nebula3 Client. Nebula3 Client will try to find a Nebula Server if the IP is correct and PORT is open. If Nebula3 Client find a Nebula Server your emulation presets will be loaded, for this instance, in Server computer.

Due you can make alias in VST format you can duplicate Nebula3 Reverb and make one for load emulation preset into the client computer (No IP/PORT tags) and other to load into server computer

NOTE: Each Nebula3 Client instance will go from client computer to server computer and back from server computer to client computer. This create a heavy load into the LAN interfaces. Use good quality components.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_%28computing%29
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Re: NEBULA 3 SERVER BUNDLE , I NEED HELP!!

Postby Support » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:00 am

Hannes_F wrote:I think I could find the answer to the last question. It could be written like this:

"In the library directory (for example

c:\nebulatempdepository\

you will find a subdirectory called

c:\nebulatempdepository\Server\

In this directory there is a file called
NebulaServerWin64.xml or alternatively
NebulaServer.xml

Please open it with a text file editor (e.g. Notepad) and search for the <MASTER> section. In it there will be the entries
<SERVERPORT> 6000 </SERVERPORT>
<SERVERADDRESS> . </SERVERADDRESS>

Enter the values for your remote server, for example
<SERVERPORT> 6000 </SERVERPORT>
<SERVERADDRESS> 192.168.2.107 </SERVERADDRESS>

In order to obtain the server adress you can use the ping command. For that you press the Start button on Windows systems and enter this command into the command line:

cmd.exe

As a result a DOS window will pop up where you can enter the following command:

ping Remotecomputername
where Remotecomputername is a placeholder for the actual name of the computer in the network. For example since my computer is called 'W520-Hannes' I use
ping W520-Hannes

and get this as the result:
Answer from 192.168.2.107 Bytes=32 ... etc.
Here the number 192.168.2.107 is the correct remote computer adress in the network and therefore needs to be entered into the NebulaServerWin64.xml / NebulaServer.xml on the client computer.

Grrrrrr ....

Due you can change names and folder in PC and we write guides for PC and Mac. I can not use specific names in guide.

IP/PORT and all Nebula tags are explained into MAST Page F.A.Q.

About ping, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ping_%28ne ... utility%29, CMD is Windows only tool.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula