Login

Internal phase switching

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Internal phase switching

Postby ianc » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:09 am

Hi folks
I've been playing about with the wet/dry fx mix in reaper and noticed that there seemed to be some phase cancellation going on, as the volume decreased the most when the mix knob was set to 50/50 but was similar when set to either zero or full.
I was using the DigiTubEx preamp and tried another preset and it wasn't happening on that, so figured it must be specific to certain library presets and wondered what I could do about it,
So after testing on a fx send channel and switching the phase I was happy that this does seem to be what was happening. So I could put it on an fx channel and switch the phase that way but wondered if it was possible to switch the phase internally in nebula as this would solve my reaper problem and make life a lot easier in the long run.
If anyone knows if this is possible, would appreciate some advice on how to do this :?:

Thanx in advance and happy nebulizing
I wish I could drum half as well with two hands as one of Terry Bozzio's feet
ianc
User Level X
User Level X

Re: Internal phase switching

Postby giancarlo » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:54 am

You can do it but only if you are the developer of the library. It is inverted because the preamp is featuring a negative peak, it happens sometimes, it shouldnt be a mistake
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby ianc » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:48 pm

thanks Giancarlo, thought that might be the case
I realized afterwards it was easy to fix by loading into metaplugin and swapping pins over, so it's easily unphased if ever I need reaper to blend any negative peak presets again
I wish I could drum half as well with two hands as one of Terry Bozzio's feet
ianc
User Level X
User Level X

Postby giancarlo » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:55 pm

we decided to preserve phase, ever. Library developer could fix it automatically if necessary. It is just a keyword if I remember well
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Return to Working with Nebula