Login

troubles upgrading

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: troubles upgrading

Postby babiuk » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:35 pm

Ok, new info! That is what I was awating for, because the link for using Core4 is not a real help for me.

As I told before, I thought that a possible reason was bad location, cos when I run server upgrade file pointing nebula folder (where nebula3 and nebula3reverb are) it doesnt work. and even these two plugins disappear from reaper, then I have to run the pro upgrade file.

In reaper I see nebula3, nebula3reverb and nebula3coreII(being this one the server) so reaper indeed can see the server nebula plugin(although it is an old version). This means the server version didnt overwrite the pro version, isn't it? I don't remember when I installed it.

Given this, should I reinstall (not upgrade) the server from the beginning? Is a better choice?

When all is properly installed you just see nebula3 and nebula3reverb in reaper plugin list? Or you can see separately the pro an the server plugins?
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Support » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:37 pm

babiuk wrote:Ok, new info! That is what I was awating for, because the link for using Core4 is not a real help for me.

As I told before, I thought that a possible reason was bad location, cos when I run server upgrade file pointing nebula folder (where nebula3 and nebula3reverb are) it doesnt work. and even these two plugins disappear from reaper, then I have to run the pro upgrade file.

In reaper I see nebula3, nebula3reverb and nebula3coreII(being this one the server) so reaper indeed can see the server nebula plugin(although it is an old version). This means the server version didnt overwrite the pro version, isn't it? I don't remember when I installed it.

Given this, should I reinstall (not upgrade) the server from the beginning? Is a better choice?

When all is properly installed you just see nebula3 and nebula3reverb in reaper plugin list? Or you can see separately the pro an the server plugins?

This is the correct behavior due from 1.3.5xx version to 1.3.6xx version we change the both .DLL names. So 1.3.5xx and 1.3.6xx can coexist. If you want to get the DLL(s) place a ticket for support.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby Support » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:31 am

You folders are a mess. You install several time x86 and x64 build in wrong folders.

To do:
NebulaTempRepository folder
. Delete NebulaServer.ser
NebulaTempRepository > Temp
. Delete all .XML files
NebulaTempRepository > Setups
. Delete ~scanboot.xml
NebulaTempRepository > Server > Server
. Move files inside this folder to NebulaTempRepository > Server
. Other Folder(s)/file(s) in NebulaTempRepository > Server can be deleted: Dictionaries folder, Documents, folder, Nat folder, Skins folder, uninstall3.exe file, uninstall3.log file
NebulaTempRepository > Nebula_Bidule
. Delete this folder if you don't use it

acustica folder
. Nebula3 Reverb_copia de seguridad como venia de origen.xml, file move to a backup folder or delete
. Nebula3_installer.xml file delete
. Nebula3Free Reverb.dll + Nebula3Free Reverb.xml, Nebula3Free.dll + Nebula3Free.xml Nebula commercial can load FREE libraries. You keep Nebula3 FREE for compatibility with old project? If not delete those files
. Delete Nebula3_installer.xml
. Nebula3 Reverb.dll seems to be x86 file. Move to a backup folder
. Nebula3.dll seems to be x86 file. Move to a backup folder
. Nebula3CoreII64 Reverb EQ.dll + Nebula3CoreII64 Reverb EQ.xml Old 1.5.xxx files. There is no non reverb .DLL or .XML
. Copy Nebula3 Reverb.xml and Nebula3.xml and paste in acustica64 folder

acustica64 folder
Delete Nebula3 Reverb_installer.xml and Nebula3_installer.xml files.
Open an edit Nebula3 Reverb.xml and Nebula3.xml with the correct factory default values.

Example of wrong or not factory tags values:
<OFREQD> 6 </OFREQD>
<AHEADLENGTH> 489 </AHEADLENGTH>

You should decide if you want to merge Acustica and Acustica64 folders, but x86 and x64 files can not have the same name. If you will use only x64 builds you can do it safely.

NOTE: Your magic number indicate you are using x86 version rather x64 is this correct?

NOTE: After your sequencer will start to see Nebula and Nebula Reverb 1.3.6xx you should re do your Nebula Setups.

IMPORTANT: before version upgrade again check your folder in windows explorer. Install several time the version upgrade will not help you if you write the wrong folder(s) path.

NOTE: You should also clean sequencer plug-in cache and re scan.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby babiuk » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:48 am

Thanks a lot, Enrique.

I will do it tonight at home and tell you about it.

Regarding to x64, I use xp sp2 so I can understand that I don't need the nebula x64, being my windows 32bits. Am I right on this?
You say the acustica and acustica 64 can not have the same name, so having in mind I'm x86, what should I do about renaming? Is there any step I must to do yes or yes?
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby babiuk » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:40 am

Well, I just did what you said but when I open reaper it says in a window that nebula3 and nebula3reverb dlls(it says they are from acusticaudio64 folder) are not valid and they don't appear at plugin's list. If I paste in acustica folder the two (nebula3 and nebula3reverb dlls) files from acustica64 folder then they appear in reaper but at MAST page they show they are core4O not server

NOTE: Regarding to factory wrong values I just changed what you indicated:
<OFREQD> 6 </OFREQD> and <AHEADLENGTH> 489 </AHEADLENGTH>
Must I change any other value?

NOTE: I use only x86 and I have no plans to acces to x64 PC soon, so what must I do regarding to acustica and acustica64 folders?
NOTE: Your magic number indicate you are using x86 version rather x64 is this correct?
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Support » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:15 pm

Thanks a lot, Enrique.

I will do it tonight at home and tell you about it.

Regarding to x64, I use xp sp2 so I can understand that I don't need the nebula x64, being my windows 32bits. Am I right on this?
You say the acustica and acustica 64 can not have the same name, so having in mind I'm x86, what should I do about renaming? Is there any step I must to do yes or yes?

Don't install x64 builds!
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby Support » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:22 pm

NebulaTempRepository folder
. Delete NebulaServer.ser
NebulaTempRepository > Temp
. Delete all .XML files
NebulaTempRepository > Setups
. Delete ~scanboot.xml
NebulaTempRepository > Server > Server
. Move files inside this folder to NebulaTempRepository > Server
. Other Folder(s)/file(s) in NebulaTempRepository > Server can be deleted: Dictionaries folder, Documents, folder, Nat folder, Skins folder, uninstall3.exe file, uninstall3.log file
NebulaTempRepository > Nebula_Bidule
. Delete this folder if you don't use it

acustica folder
. Move everything to a backup folder
. Copy into acustica folder Nebula3 Reverb.dll and Nebula3 Reverb.xml
. Copy into acustica folder Nebula3.dll and Nebula3.xml

acustica64 folder
. Delete this folder.

1. Open Reaper. Clean VST plug-ins cache and rescan.
2. Load Nebula and Nebula Reverb and check version.

NOTE: You should find a Nebula3CoreII and Nebula3CoreII Reverb DLL(s) and XML(s) file for backward compatibility.

NOTE: You should rebuild you Nebula Setups.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby babiuk » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:46 pm

I did all you said.

Now reaper show nebula3 and nebula3reverb but they don't load, even when rescanning it tries to lad them but it go wrong, a window appears telling something like "the dlls are not valid files" or similar.

So I have no nebula choice at all now... :(

What must I do?
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby giancarlo » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:52 am

try vstgui3 release or wait version 1.3.7 ot tell us which version you was successfully running before, we have a complete repository
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Support » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:36 am

babiuk wrote:I did all you said.

Now reaper show nebula3 and nebula3reverb but they don't load, even when rescanning it tries to lad them but it go wrong, a window appears telling something like "the dlls are not valid files" or similar.

So I have no nebula choice at all now... :(

What must I do?

Move everything in a backup folder and install everything again. Do not install any x64 build this time.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula