Login

Version 1.3.7 RC [to be released on monday]

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: 1.3 .700

Postby richie43 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:11 pm

Of course it is possible... But be real, most Nebula users are uber-geeks and check the forum frequently enough anyway. I personally would rather not get yet another email reminder from another software vendor..but obviously some of you would like the option.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Mercado_Negro » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:42 pm

richie43 wrote:Of course it is possible... But be real, most Nebula users are uber-geeks and check the forum frequently enough anyway. I personally would rather not get yet another email reminder from another software vendor..but obviously some of you would like the option.

That's really far from being truth. Most userbase of any software don't visit forums. In fact, most busy professionals don't even know about forums but hear from software from collegues and just use it.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby richie43 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:57 pm

Mercado_Negro wrote:That's really far from being truth. Most userbase of any software don't visit forums. In fact, most busy professionals don't even know about forums but hear from software from collegues and just use it.

Maybe far from some truths...Since there is not one "truth" about any scene, pro or not. I know a different "truth" as you, and I bet that both of us are equally right and equally wrong. But, since you say so and you know your stuff, I will just say "point taken" and leave it up to Acustica (no sarcasm intended Mercado, I have utmost respect for you :D ). But I do know quite a few Pros that indeed visit forums and even buy software from hearing about it on the internet. Here in the US most studios (even the bigger studios) have very stable and reliable internet connections and have their studio rigs online even (safe internet use is the best anti-virus). I consider myself a professional and happen to visit forums, so all of our points seem to be true. Cheers.

Edit:
I consider YOU a professional, and here you are on the forum..... :lol:
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby marcpl » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:04 pm

+1 for emailing customers about updates.

as far as forums go, there's nothing wrong with them but software/equipment is for using, not talking about.
to each their own.

marco
marcpl
User Level X
User Level X

Postby jpchartrand » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:40 pm

Sending an email when there is an update is a basic business practice. I've never understood why AA doesn't think they have to let their users know when an update comes around.
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby giancarlo » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:17 pm

because we think emails are invasive and at the end you don't care too much to our announcements if we send too many of them... we are releasing a lot of products and upgrades and we are paying attention only to mainstream products. For example Nebula4 or mac osx au 64. Even if 1.3.7 is an huge step forward, it is still a common and improved nebula3 release.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby dagovitsj » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:38 pm

I wasn't trying to attack you, so sorry if it looked like that.....No harm intended. I do tend to get wordy, and since I work from my home, maybe I do frequent this website an obnoxious amount......

@richie43: He, he, I didn't interpret it as an attack - all is OK! I haven't read all your +2000 posts, but from those I have read, I think your contribution is very important to this community (no sarcasm).

But I think small things like the one I suggested means a lot to many. There seems to be some serious enhancements going on with the 1.3.700 version - which I'm really looking forward to! But I remember some months ago where there was a lot of frustration about the upgrade from 505 etc. At the same time newer libs required newer versions than 505. So to be able to get a system that worked, one had to visit the forum regularaly.

My simple point is: Time is very valuable and working with Nebula means using a lot of time to understand how this technology work, how to tweak, which libs to combine etc.

The last months I have a feeling that Nebula probably will reach out to far more people than before (cf. video with Giancarlo at SAE recently). And that said: starting to move from a quite "nerdy" plugin, to reach out to a broader audience also means doing small, but important things to increase the convenience for the customers.

Acustica has taken important steps recently, now we have some new people working with support - great! The forum is lighting fast, compared to what is was some months ago - great! We have already heard that Nebula 4 will be released late in 2014 or early 2015 etc.

Tip: with folders and filters in gmail, it's no problem getting a lot of emails from any software company - they all get into the folder automagically...in case you wondered...! :D

All the best ;)
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Mercado_Negro » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:19 pm

richie43 wrote:
Mercado_Negro wrote:That's really far from being truth. Most userbase of any software don't visit forums. In fact, most busy professionals don't even know about forums but hear from software from collegues and just use it.

Maybe far from some truths...Since there is not one "truth" about any scene, pro or not. I know a different "truth" as you, and I bet that both of us are equally right and equally wrong. But, since you say so and you know your stuff, I will just say "point taken" and leave it up to Acustica (no sarcasm intended Mercado, I have utmost respect for you :D ). But I do know quite a few Pros that indeed visit forums and even buy software from hearing about it on the internet. Here in the US most studios (even the bigger studios) have very stable and reliable internet connections and have their studio rigs online even (safe internet use is the best anti-virus). I consider myself a professional and happen to visit forums, so all of our points seem to be true. Cheers.

Edit:
I consider YOU a professional, and here you are on the forum..... :lol:

I was very busy for months working on tons of projects and I didn't have time to visit any forums. By the time I was finally free from some of that stuff many of my plug-ins were updated but received only a few notifications about it. In fact, I wouldn't have never knew Nebula was under several beta stages if it weren't for Enrique and Antonello who kept us updated all the time via emails. That was very useful and informative, I can't tell you how appreciated I am for that (otherwise I would've missed it).

My post above have numbers to back that up but I think it isn't relavant at this point (remember I beta test for several software companies and I tend to make friends quick with their developers, technical support, etc., so I know what we see in forums isn't really representative at all). Also, at least here in Venezuela, I haven't met a single professional who browse forums regularly... heck, they don't even know Gearslutz exists.

We love technology and we like to be informed all the time about all advances (geez, I even visit the Android forums all the time) but most people aren't like that.

Count forums memembers who visit and post regularly and then ask for sales number to Giancarlo... You'll be surprised ;)
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby richie43 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:03 pm

Mercado_Negro wrote:Count forums memembers who visit and post regularly and then ask for sales number to Giancarlo... You'll be surprised ;)

I am sure you are right Mercado. There is something for everyone, and no one solution will ever please everyone.
If you read Giancarlo's response, that's what I was trying to coney (at least that's how I feel personally). I'd rather not get emails from every company that I have purchased software from. But as I said, I live in a place where it is no issue to check a forum no matter how busy I am.
I test for many devs as well (probably some of the same one's, except for the ilok users...ha ha), so I understand what you are saying. But in my own observations, many of the pros that I know still indeed visit forums. All of this is irrelevant, I guess. Giancarlo and crew will do whatever they think is best.
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Support » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:44 pm

Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support