Login

Version 1.3.7 RC [to be released on monday]

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: 1.3 .700

Postby dwagrimm » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:02 pm

richie43 wrote:As a tester, my life is on the line so I can't say much..... :shock:
But I CAN say that Giancarlo is not kidding or exaggerating.....It's a great update on the way.

Richie you got some troubles with the latest update like me. are this troubles still existing in 1.3.700?
dwagrimm
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby richie43 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:11 pm

dwagrimm wrote:
richie43 wrote:As a tester, my life is on the line so I can't say much..... :shock:
But I CAN say that Giancarlo is not kidding or exaggerating.....It's a great update on the way.

Richie you got some troubles with the latest update like me. are this troubles still existing in 1.3.700?

I haven't had any problems in months, so what troubles are you talking about?
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby dwagrimm » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:42 pm

richie43 wrote:
dwagrimm wrote:

I haven't had any problems in months, so what troubles are you talking about?

there was a 1.3.(some)62 version in the past. there was a problem based in an older cpu use. giancarlo changed then the release for older machines. and when I´m not wrong you have reported too some trouble with that. but ok, I`ve looked to the download area and found a lot more releases after that. my mistake.
dwagrimm
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby richie43 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:46 pm

Yup, Giancarlo made a "GUI3" version for the older CPU, but I was able to stop using that after a few updates. Definitely upgrade to whatever the newest stable release is. I also replaced my onboard graphics with a very inexpensive graphics card, which helped some too.
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby djayart » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:32 pm

i hope better integration with pro tools :shock:
djayart
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby richie43 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:27 pm

The last I heard, the success or failure to mesh with ProTools is up to Avid to cooperate with Acustica. ProTools is so proprietary and almost cryptic, they don't make it easy for other developers to make software that works on it. Who knows, they may even invent yet another new ProTools only plugin format...... :evil:

There are so many great DAW programs these days, and many studios (even bigger studios) are either migrating or at least considering migrating out of a locked down DAW system. Not flamin' anyone, just sayin'....
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby omardiaz » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:28 am

I hope those great improvements be in the cpu consumption, or we will have to wait 5 years till we have more powerfull pcs to handle a decent mix project without render 10000 times xD.
omardiaz
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby richie43 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:42 am

omardiaz wrote:I hope those great improvements be in the cpu consumption, or we will have to wait 5 years till we have more powerfull pcs to handle a decent mix project without render 10000 times xD.

There are some great improvements coming for CPU optimization, but realistically, Nebula/Acqua plugins will always be heavier on CPU than standard plugins. I don't think we will ever see a time where many people will have the system powerful enough, for instance, to run large and complex mixes with hundreds of heavy Nebula instances all in real-time..... rendering/freezing tracks will most likely always be part of the work-flow, in my opinion. BUT....I see this as a good thing because since Nebula is hardware emulation and for any of you who have worked with a choice piece of hardware (and remember that far back... :D ) also remember rendering/freezing/PRINTING to tape that unit so it could be used elsewhere in the mix. This need to "print" the Nebula instances forces decisions to be made, and I see that as a good thing.
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Tim Petherick » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:45 am

I can do Massive mixes at 48khz with nebula! ;)
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:50 am

Tim Petherick wrote:I can do Massive mixes at 48khz with nebula! ;)

Bragging is not nice, Tim....... :cry:

:mrgreen:
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula