Login

Control Nebula with Ipad

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Control Nebula with Ipad

Postby fredrikberg » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:18 pm

Hi!

I've been experimenting with using MidiDesigner to control Nebula from my Ipad. I was tired of loading multiple instances on a single track, then guessing which instance did what, and not be able to tweak separate eq programs without find corresponding nebula instance first. I found this program and using the fully functional free version (with annoying banner) I was able to easy and fast make this design (no very pretty) to control several programs at once. Im using Reaper and I just made a FX chain containing, Klanghelm Vu-meter for gainstaging, MWC input line, MWQ HPF, LFs, LFp, LM, HM, HFp, HFs.

I also made some custom controls like start, stopp, freeze, unfreeze, next track, previous track. The possibilities are endless. So I use the mouse to load FX chain on my tracks and then using my Ipad to switch between tracks, do my eqtweaks and freeze (if I have to) and then move on to next track. It is so nice.

Its very simple to set upp FX chains of your choice, make a MidiDesign preset with the controls you need.

Maybe you have a favourite Hpf, mid-eq, compressor program. Then make a FX chain, preset for Mididesigner an Voila! Its all working realtime like hardware knobs (sort of)

There is also the possibility to share mididesign presets among users having the same nebula libraries. :-)

http://mididesigner.com

I am NOT working for this company. I just wanted to share my findings.

Best Regards
Fredrik Berg
fredrikberg
User Level III
User Level III

Re: Control Nebula with Ipad

Postby fredrikberg » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:21 pm

I took a picture. The buttons to the left are on/off. The Fxchain is loading with all programs off except for VU-meter
Attachments
image.jpg
fredrikberg
User Level III
User Level III

Postby fredrikberg » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:24 pm

You can make the numbers corresponding to actual Nebula library values, or just turn the knob and listen.
fredrikberg
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Support » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:23 pm

Thank you Fredrik. We have several iPads + IOS 7.10 here. We could test, be we lack of time.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Return to Working with Nebula