Login

Alexb MFC crash Studio One v2 x64 on Win7 x64

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Alexb MFC crash Studio One v2 x64 on Win7 x64

Postby pleplo » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:43 am

I contacted alexb.. I'm sure he will answer back but in the meantime. never had problems with nebula.never crashed and I have tons of libs.

now that I installed the new MFC console by alexb it randomly crash when I try to load of the program. I tried everything. reverted back to old version .602. I have the latest version installed. working well with all other neb third party libs like cupwise, tim, henry, etc.. only MFC console make Studio One completly crash. I use same xml settings. tried alternative one. still have random crashe on big sessions with loads of other plugins. mix of nebula and algo vsts.. I tried to create a new empty project and loaded lots of nebula instances. and MFC console and it seem to work fine with no crash.. its when I try use the MFC on already advanced projets with loads of tracks and insert.. please help its frustrating I really want to use MFC on my projects.

also note that I use nebula setup a lot. so I have around 20 different neb dlls named like Curve Bender.dll (that loads all Girthy libs" 295.dll for silk, etc.. this might cause the trouble.. I"m wasting a lot of time on fixing this.. my current project that crashes. I will try removing all nebula instances and see what happens..

thank you very much awesome community
patrick
Plajia new album Piggie Park out NOW. (Pronounced plah-gee-ah) We make music, fock a genre. On Spotify and Bandcamp www.plajia.com
pleplo
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: Alexb MFC crash Studio One v2 x64 on Win7 x64

Postby giancarlo » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:50 am

no you can't use a previous version for mfc. At the moment the windows version has an issue with mfc when more of 4 gigabytes are allocated, due to copy protection issues. On mac osx side everything is safe. Other libraries should never crash.
We are sorry, we are forced to this copy protection hell (issues would be introduced also using ilok, because it is not the protection code itself but the dll loader).
I "tried" to not protect our libraries. I suggest to use mfc limiting the amount of ram used.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby pleplo » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:56 am

oh this is really sad :(

how can I limit ram usage?
Plajia new album Piggie Park out NOW. (Pronounced plah-gee-ah) We make music, fock a genre. On Spotify and Bandcamp www.plajia.com
pleplo
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby pleplo » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:02 am

is there a work around at least to load MFC on each track and than freeze them? cause once the instance is loaded everything is fine it will never crash again. but I cannot work like that. nebula is already time consuming workflow. I have big projects and I use the awesome studio one unique feature where I can place INSERTS and plugins on EVENTS and not just on tracks.. so we can freeze event with nebula general processing (tape, preamp, console..)
pleplo
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby pleplo » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:55 am

just spoke to awesome Alex.. should be fine..

Excellent. should be fine. thank you guys for your time and support.really want to use that console.sounds too good :) and its a bit my fault my projects are so heavy and big. I use around 100 tracks and lots of nebula freezed and not freezed. and big quality libs.. so ya I will figure something out. not that bad. I know its not all your fault guys :)
pleplo
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby giancarlo » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:14 pm

I'll work on a solution... for example we could try to book memory using an exernal library and use for our dll-loading procedure. It is not easy really, we'll try to figure an elegant solution
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Return to Working with Nebula