Login

Did some research. Good to go for Electronic music?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Did some research. Good to go for Electronic music?

Postby timdestexhe » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:35 pm

Hey!

I finally managed to get nebula working more or less. So I'm planning to buy the full version now. I'll mainly be doing eletronic music mixing and mastering (house, EDM, pop). After doing a couple of days of research and reading a lot on this forum and gearslutz I came up with my "get-started" list that should be enough for my style so far.

Alex B Modern Logic Console = 40 euro
Alex B TSX (tape/fatso) = 65 euro
Alex B ADL 600 moden tube preamp = 30 euro
Alex B 4KD (for dynamics) = 30 euro

For eq I'll stick with the one's that come with nebula.

Can you guys agree on this or ellaborate?

Thanks in advance!
Nebula, Pearl, Magenta, Honey, Aquamarine, Titanium
timdestexhe
User Level VII
User Level VII

Re: Did some research. Good to go for Electronic music?

Postby marcpl » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:11 pm

hi tim,

welcome to nebula. you're gonna love it.

as far as a console, one thing to keep in mind is that all of alex's consoles are sampled at 96kHz, which is fine but if you're working at a different sample rate you'll be downsampling or upsampling. which should be fine...just an FYI.

however, alex's newest console, modern flagship console, was sampled at 96 and 44.1 so it's more flexible and it sounds AMAZING! so for 10 pounds more you can get the latest-and-greatest and 2 sample rates.

also, I believe that alex will be updating all of his consoles to 44.1kHz in the future.

for EDM you may want to check out stradipad which is an acqua plugin, not a nebula library. I've only used the free version but it sounds great. if I did primarily EDM I would consider it a must have. check out the free version.

http://www.acustica-audio.com/index.php ... Itemid=189

I would also highly recommend a 3rd party EQ over the nebula stock EQs. not that they're bad but the 3rd party EQs are MUCH better. I would really add an EQ to your list.
I really like all of the EQs from alexb, cdsoundmaster and analoginthebox.

also, do yourself a favor and check out henry olonga's libraries. there are so many great things to choose from and very reasonably priced.

http://www.nebulapresets.com/

to tell you the truth, if there's a bad nebula library out there I haven't found it. I recommend it all.

ok, over-and-out. have fun tim.

regards,
marco
marcpl
User Level X
User Level X

Postby timdestexhe » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:34 am

Thanks a lot for this great reply man! I appreciate it :)
Nebula, Pearl, Magenta, Honey, Aquamarine, Titanium
timdestexhe
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby RJHollins » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:49 am

Welcome to Nebula !

Looks like a good starting list !

There are so many libraries available, and at prices that can make you go crazy ... nothing wrong with that, really ...

I'd say, start with this plan ... then, as you get comfortable, and some time using ... it may be easier to think what you'd like to add to the arsenal.

I did the crazy way :roll: there are libraries I purchased many moons ago that I'm just getting too. Some haven't gone past the first round listen.

Well ... I got distracted and delayed using other libraries. :lol:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Return to Working with Nebula