Login

Unwanted detuning defect in Nebula libraries: Please Read!

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Unwanted detuning defect in Nebula libraries: Please Rea

Postby scene » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:27 pm

@ giancarlo,
My gain staging is very conservative and way within safe zone. This effect is apparent when there is nothing else running. In fact, you can just take one sample and one instance of Nebula and without anything else, and the defect would be there.

I know what you're saying in regards to melodyne and I can hear certain sonic imprints on anything thats been passed through it but it is not as disturbing...unless, the effect been seriously exaggerated/abused.
scene
User Level II
User Level II

Postby giancarlo » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:22 pm

my suggestion is starting from an eq and checking when you have this kind of effect.

As you can see other people using the same presets can't replicate that behaviour. Other tip, speak directly with the library developer. Mabye there are some suggested parameters I'm not aware of. Sometimes (and some) a sequencer executes renders in realtime, not in offline mode. So a little clock jittering could lead to issues.
Try to replicate the same effect using a different application, or audio editor.
Nowdays nebula is used extensively as mastering processor, a little mistake (it happened in the past) is immediatly reported.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Melon_Jack » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:34 am

Yesterday, experimenting with drums i've meet same problem with GEQ Eq, when boosting low shelf. Very noticable.. I think it's because of samplerate conversion. I set it to 9000 not so long ago. Need to check this..
Sorry for my bad english =))
Melon_Jack

Postby ianc » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:29 pm

g wrote
For example, if we "fix" something and you upgrade nebula your loaded song could be different from your beloved ones, which is not good at all even if the sound is improved.

I know very little about the program so these thoughts I have come be useless. but would it be possible to have a switch for old programs to run ok and make the sound better for new projects, or the other thought i had was
why not start afresh with your naming conventions of the dll's so old versions could stay on the computer and a less confusing newly named version without being called reverb was released.Maybe these problems arn't so easy in which case just ignore my input
p.s you'd only need to change the init aurothization name to use library with both versions
I wish I could drum half as well with two hands as one of Terry Bozzio's feet
ianc
User Level X
User Level X

Postby giancarlo » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:36 am

it's not so easy, exactly
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula