Login

Nebula program types (based on capture templates)

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Nebula program types (based on capture templates)

Postby harmonik » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:17 pm

This is kind of NAT related but my interest is as a user, to understand how to choose/mix programs better. I've pieced this view together over many scattered forum posts, but am I getting this right (generally speaking)?:

- AA made different sampling/capture templates: EQ, preamp and compressor.
- EQ template produces a Neb program that has a set of static freq/phase + THD response profiles, each one corresponding to a different knob position/arrangement on the sampled HW; but input signal amplitude variation itself into Neb does not change which in the set is applied.
- Compressor template produces a program that has a set of static freq/phase + THD response profiles, each one corresponding to a different knob position/arrangement on the HW, but each profile in the set also has a sub-set of GR/envelope profiles that are selected among depending on input signal amplitude into Neb.
- Preamp template produces a program that has a set of freq/phase + THD response profiles that are selected among depending on input signal amplitude into Neb; does not take into account or provide control for different knob positions.

I know there are a few exceptions like Cupwise EQs.
harmonik
User Level V
User Level V

Re: Nebula program types (based on capture templates)

Postby Support » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:52 pm

EQ = PRE + FLT -> A lot of knob movement that should be interpolated, the best situation should separate PRE & FLT and sample each one.
COM: is a Dynamic Envelope Follower including GR, attack and Release. There are 3 sampling session in one called dimensions.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Return to Working with Nebula