Login

Some clarification please: Nebula 3 vs Nebula 3 pro

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Some clarification please: Nebula 3 vs Nebula 3 pro

Postby chime13 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:02 pm

Greetings to all! Currently I'm auditioning the free version of Nebula 3 using OS X 10.9.2 and Logic 10.0.6 wrapped with 32Lives and it works so well that I wish to purchase it. There appears to be a discrepancy in the product comparison page and would appreciate clarification. I have tried to read this whole forum trying to locate a definitive answer without success.

Product comparison states that Nebula3 bundle is VST2 32bits and AU 32bits, yet it states that it is Windows only. AFAIK there is no AU support in Windows - only VST. Is this a typo or an omission?

I do not intend to sample my own hardware and therefore, don't need NAT3 which, appears to be one of the only differences between the 3Pro bundle and the 3 bundle. So in closing, do I need to purchase the Pro bundle just to use it in OS X? Also, when AU 64bits eventually is released, will I have to pay additionally for it or will it be a free upgrade?

Thank you in advance
chime13
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Some clarification please: Nebula 3 vs Nebula 3 pro

Postby Support » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:12 pm

chime13 wrote:Greetings to all! Currently I'm auditioning the free version of Nebula 3 using OS X 10.9.2 and Logic 10.0.6 wrapped with 32Lives and it works so well that I wish to purchase it. There appears to be a discrepancy in the product comparison page and would appreciate clarification. I have tried to read this whole forum trying to locate a definitive answer without success.

Product comparison states that Nebula3 bundle is VST2 32bits and AU 32bits, yet it states that it is Windows only. AFAIK there is no AU support in Windows - only VST. Is this a typo or an omission?

I do not intend to sample my own hardware and therefore, don't need NAT3 which, appears to be one of the only differences between the 3Pro bundle and the 3 bundle. So in closing, do I need to purchase the Pro bundle just to use it in OS X? Also, when AU 64bits eventually is released, will I have to pay additionally for it or will it be a free upgrade?

Thank you in advance

Nebula3 Pro OSX VST2 x86 + AU x86
Nebula3 Server OSX VST2 x86/x64 + AU x86

NAT all version PC Window x86

Only Nebula3 Server use RAM caching, for use in AU x64 with an adapter both version should work but Nebula3 Pro does not use RAM caching feature.

Nebula3 is only compatible with PC/windows and use old CORE2 audio engine.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby chime13 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:59 pm

Enrique, Thank you for the response.

I suggest you please update your product comparison page to reflect your response. There is no AudioUnit (AU) x86/x64 support in Windows. There is also no mention of your CORE2 audio engine either on the product comparison page.

Also, you did not answer the last part of my question, so I will pose it again:

To the best of your knowledge, being a Nebula3Pro owner, will I have to pay for 64bit AU release/upgrade if/when it comes out, or will the upgrade be free of charge?

Thank you for your patience
chime13
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Support » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:34 pm

I suggest you please update your product comparison page to reflect your response. There is no AudioUnit (AU) x86/x64 support in Windows. There is also no mention of your CORE2 audio engine either on the product comparison page.

There is a lot of information to update. We are really busy.

To the best of your knowledge, being a Nebula3Pro owner, will I have to pay for 64bit AU release/upgrade if/when it comes out, or will the upgrade be free of charge?

No, will be FREE. But I can not give you an ETA. Nebula3 Server user are getting several Nebula4 features for FREE.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Return to Working with Nebula