Login

upgrading to 1.3.668 - OS X 10.8.5

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

upgrading to 1.3.668 - OS X 10.8.5

Postby dream » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:36 pm

Hi guys,

just a feedback, I upgraded both Nebula Pro and Nebula Server from 1.3.636 to 1.3.668.

My system:
OS X 10.8.5
Cubase 7.0.7
More than 30 different Nebula configurations (tweaks on the XML files)

In the previous version, as I was saying in this topic http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/index.php?f=11&t=27815&rb_v=viewtopic I had some problem with the GUI4 version, now it's totally fine.

Thanks to NebulaSetups2 I've got all my configurations, with my tweaks, back: very fast upgrade, awesome!
The projects I'm working on are fine too, no problem with settings, all good.

This should be stayed the same: with the Server Version I'm not able to load any of AITB products neither the AcusticaAudio library. If I'm not mistakes it because I'm using the ALTERNATIVEDATAPATH setup. The curious thing (at least for me and my ignorance) is that the new MFC Console(AlexB) it works.

Just reporting… :)
Mixing Engineer | Producer | Editing Audio Expert
http://www.davidefant.com
dream

Re: upgrading to 1.3.668 - OS X 10.8.5

Postby jpchartrand » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:22 pm

AITB libraries don't work with 64 bit on Mac yet so that's why they don't work. I also thought it was because of AlternativePath but no.

I wrote to them a few times and they never responded. I had to figure it out myself.
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby dream » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:18 am

Thanks for the feedback, jpchartrand, I had no idea.
dream

Postby Support » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:54 am

With the Server Version I'm not able to load any of AITB products neither the AcusticaAudio library.

AA libraries are protected, install your key. AITB OSX x64 libraries, also protected new version compatible with OSX 10.9.x x86/x64 are under beta testing.

If I'm not mistakes it because I'm using the ALTERNATIVEDATAPATH setup.

RE: No related.

The curious thing (at least for me and my ignorance) is that the new MFC Console (AlexB) it works.

AlexB already upgrade his last release, that use also AUT system, to be compatible with all Windows and all OSX plus all OSs version and all architectures.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby dream » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:06 pm

Great! Thanks. :)
dream

Postby dream » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:52 pm

I was trying to use the new ticket system, but this "Make sure your product is properly authorized if you are requiring technical support" let me uncertain about what to do.

Anyway, as you suggested I'm trying to authorize the Server. I thought I did a couple years ago, maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, the automatic system doesn't allow me to upload the SER because of the remaining number of auth I can request. I'm asking an auth for the same system anyway (which is the only one I'm using. I had another auth for an old XP system, but I'm not using it anymore).

How to procede?
dream

Postby Support » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:48 am

Anyway, as you suggested I'm trying to authorize the Server. I thought I did a couple years ago, maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, the automatic system doesn't allow me to upload the SER because of the remaining number of auth I can request. I'm asking an auth for the same system anyway (which is the only one I'm using. I had another auth for an old XP system, but I'm not using it anymore).

Nebula3 to Nebula3 Server use the same key. You don't need to authorize it again. If you want to check it, Run setup installer in order to force to install demo key. Running Nebula will ask you for your key, close Nebula install key, and Nebula should stop requesting the key.
REMEMBER: Backup, always backup. And remember backup means have two or three backup copies.

automatic system doesn't allow me to upload the SER because of the remaining number of auth I can request.

Which error? Send us a screenshot.

PS: We can't track and follow forum post, the correct way to do it is sending us a support ticket in your Customer Area.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby dream » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:12 pm

dream wrote:
With the Server Version I'm not able to load any of AITB products neither the AcusticaAudio library.

Support wrote:AA libraries are protected, install your key. AITB OSX x64 libraries, also protected new version compatible with OSX 10.9.x x86/x64 are under beta testing.

dream wrote:If I'm not mistakes it because I'm using the ALTERNATIVEDATAPATH setup.

Support wrote:RE: No related.

I think it is related: we run into this problem almost an year ago. You can skim this 3D and see what you have told me at the end.
Something of I'm not aware has changed yet since that version of Nebula that makes the topic not related?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
When I said that I couldn't load AA library and AITB you answered:
dream wrote:

Support wrote:AA libraries are protected, install your key. AITB OSX x64 libraries, also protected new version compatible with OSX 10.9.x x86/x64 are under beta testing.

I didn't think it was necessary because I run the installer when I first bought Nebula and then I've download only Upgrades. It's not my field of expertise, so I did what you told me anyway.

The first thing I tried to do was copying the key (INIT.N2P and INIT.N2V). I did this two times, copying the key from the two backups I have with me (the 3rd backup is in another country, just in case of some nuclear war coming). This didn't help.
Then, I thought: "let's try to upload again the SER and see if my key were corrupted or something has changed in the key".
Then you said:
Support wrote:Nebula3 to Nebula3 Server use the same key. You don't need to authorize it again.
I don't quite understand what you want me to do.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
dream wrote:automatic system doesn't allow me to upload the SER because of the remaining number of auth I can request

Support wrote:Which error? Send us a screenshot

I've got a screenshot, I'm gonna open a Ticket.

Support wrote:PS: We can't track and follow forum post, the correct way to do it is sending us a support ticket in your Customer Area
As I said I was opening a ticket. Anyway I'll sure do it very soon. I suggest you guys to change what's written in that page because "Make sure your product is properly authorized if you are requiring technical support" is confusing. What's the point on asking technical support for an authorization problem when you can't because the authorization IS THE problem?
dream

Return to Working with Nebula