Login

What's the best method for me to use a lot of instances...

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: What's the best method for me to use a lot of instances...

Postby zaminx » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:38 pm

paulrussell wrote:I'd pre-render the audio with the S*L 4K first using NRGUI

Thats the quick way but for more realistic results setting up each instrument with its own Unput output gain with Nebula yields far more realistic results but its time consuming.
zaminx
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby bottom1 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:19 pm

zaminx wrote:Im using a 1st gen mac Pro 4 core 2.66ghz in Cubase 5.5 with Cubase buffer of 2048.My nebula reverbs have a buffer of x2 2048 which is exceptly latency when mixing.

Hmmm... How did you get CB 5.5 (or has it been released for Mac and not PC)... I guess the real question is... do you see any improvement?
bottom1
User Level V
User Level V

Postby zaminx » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:19 pm

bottom1 wrote:
zaminx wrote:Im using a 1st gen mac Pro 4 core 2.66ghz in Cubase 5.5 with Cubase buffer of 2048.My nebula reverbs have a buffer of x2 2048 which is exceptly latency when mixing.

Hmmm... How did you get CB 5.5 (or has it been released for Mac and not PC)... I guess the real question is... do you see any improvement?

CB5.5 was a typo
zaminx
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby trunk » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:21 pm

man, its like no one bounces anymore

yes it takes time, but consider it break time for your ears and you'll learn to really appreciate the benefits of bouncing.

seriously, bounce,... no other way unless you have access to a superdupersupercomputer.
trunk
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby meloco » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:57 am

I have a glitches in Reaper, when using several Nebula Reverb instances.
The strange thing is that CPU usage is low (around 20-25%) and disk speed is low too.
I tried put reverbs on CUDA version but it doesn't seem to help.
Increasing latency setting on audio card doesn't seem to help too.
It occurs usually not immediately after I hit play, but after 10-15 seconds of normal playing.

Any hints what can be done about it?

PS been trying to change a few things, what seemed to help was changing Reverb version of Nebula for normal version on the master bus.
Any clues as to why is that?
meloco
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby kelu » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:11 pm

Cuda's workin fine here ,with a quadcore q6600 4gb ram on xp sp3,nvidia card 9600gt and 20 instance of cuda reverb nebula hit the 3% cpu !!!You ve done something wrong when you made your cuda setup if it doesnt do something ,for me was a huuuuge improvement!!!
kelu
User Level I
User Level I

Postby ngarjuna » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:30 pm

meloco wrote:I have a glitches in Reaper, when using several Nebula Reverb instances.
The strange thing is that CPU usage is low (around 20-25%) and disk speed is low too.
I tried put reverbs on CUDA version but it doesn't seem to help.
Increasing latency setting on audio card doesn't seem to help too.
It occurs usually not immediately after I hit play, but after 10-15 seconds of normal playing.

Any hints what can be done about it?

PS been trying to change a few things, what seemed to help was changing Reverb version of Nebula for normal version on the master bus.
Any clues as to why is that?

I know what you're referring to. I think that maybe REAPER performance meter is not completely accurate when it comes to VSTs (I think I even remember a thread to that effect but I can't find it at the moment). I believe it was Justin who said that you should really look at your Windows performance meter not the one in REAPER. I could also be remembering incorrectly...but I definitely agree that REAPER starts stuttering long before the CPU on the performance meter gets near 100%. There seems to be a number of kernels I can successfully process before I start hitting the choke point (so I can open up a ton of 3 kernel EQs compared to the 11 kernel console programs).
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby meloco » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:58 pm

Maybe, but the strange thing is that stutter is remedied by using standard Nebula version (more CPU hungry) instead of Nebula Reverb, I believe this is some buffer/latency management issue.
meloco
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby MOjO_FET » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:44 pm

Another method for increasing instances, when using several bands of an Eq (meaning, several instances) just load one preset with harmonic content and the remaining presets as clean versions.

This only applies to programs with both clean and harmonic versions of course.

Michael
MOjO_FET
User Level V
User Level V

Postby Prefect_X » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:56 pm

kelu wrote:Cuda's workin fine here ,with a quadcore q6600 4gb ram on xp sp3,nvidia card 9600gt and 20 instance of cuda reverb nebula hit the 3% cpu !!!You ve done something wrong when you made your cuda setup if it doesnt do something ,for me was a huuuuge improvement!!!

So... would you be able to share what ALL of the settings in your master ("MAST") page are, and what versions of Nebula, Forceware drivers, CUDA Bridge and CUDA Toolkit were/are you using...???

Please! I REALLY would like to get Nebula working through CUDA, but so far have had absolutely the OPPOSITE experience that you have.

See:

http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic

-- Dale Leighton
((Rig)): 3.0Ghz Phenom 940 Quad, 8Gb RAM, EMU 1616m PCIe & Roland VG-99.
((Soft Tools)): WinXP64, ReNoise, Reaper, Emulator-X3, EWQL Composers Collection, Addictive Drums, NI KORE-2 & Komplete-6.
Prefect_X
User Level 0
User Level 0

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula