Login

Thank Goodness You are Back, Acustica

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Thank Goodness You are Back, Acustica

Postby giancarlo » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:23 am

jorismak wrote:So it was because of an attack ?
Glad that you're back, of course, but... What was attacked , how and why?

You (acustica) are _required_ to report asap to your customers if there is any risk involved for us. Did they get passwords? How were they hashed? (assuming they were hashed). What is leaked for payment-information?
And maybe most importantly, why haven't we heared something from acustica the moment this happened? (which was friday night already I believe)

we are working on a different solution, a sort of backup website, in order to limit offline times. So when something weird happens we switch to a different server and we have enough time for checking things. At the beginning there was no communication at all because we had the suspect the website was compromised, so everything was reverted offline suddenly. In general for a simple delay we don't turn off the website, it means we had a serious suspect about being hacked (not so strange, there are a lot of attempts nowdays).
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:34 am

spigon wrote:
jorismak wrote:So it was because of an attack ?
Glad that you're back, of course, but... What was attacked , how and why?

You (acustica) are _required_ to report asap to your customers if there is any risk involved for us. Did they get passwords? How were they hashed? (assuming they were hashed). What is leaked for payment-information?
And maybe most importantly, why haven't we heared something from acustica the moment this happened? (which was friday night already I believe)

Glad that you're back... I love that first thing you did was to attack them without any info and it turned out you was wrong. I am glad that I am not in your position. I would be quite embarrassed.

why? I don't see a single reason for being embarassed
- for a simple suspect we turned everything off. We didn't wait a minute, because we care about security.
- after a long time (about 2 days) I posted the suspect of being hacked. I think it should be appreciated, there is an open communication with customers. If I suspect something I simply say it. I can't wait a month. I think 2 days is a fair time. Less it would be too much early, but I couldn't wait further
- we are working hard in order to add security, use cloud services for storing privacy data or even downloads. We have requirements that other audio companies most of times don't have (for example several terabytes of downloads each months) and we are working hard in order to keep everything working
- attacking people who are sharing illegally our hard work is my second job. I'm protecting library developers, customers, and our work itself. In a perfect world we would not use any copy protection (limiting bugs and compatibility issues), you would be able to use libraries easily on more computers without asking a key, and even the website structure would be better.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby jorismak » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:38 am

it was aimed at me, giancarlo.

He thought I 'attacked' you for being hacked, and when it wasn't so I must be feeling stupid.

Like I say, you answered well and directly: "it wasn't hack", done. All my questions answered :).
jorismak

Postby Support » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:46 pm

jorismak wrote:it was aimed at me, giancarlo.

He thought I 'attacked' you for being hacked, and when it wasn't so I must be feeling stupid.

Like I say, you answered well and directly: "it wasn't hack", done. All my questions answered :).

No problem. Now you can have some fun starting a post in a public forum saying that Slate hack us or we were sharing database with Slate due he buy us, or similar.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby jorismak » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:49 pm

Support wrote:No problem. Now you can have some fun starting a post in a public forum saying that Slate hack us or we were sharing database with Slate due he buy us, or similar.

Lol, what? :) That actually happened? :)
jorismak

Postby zabukowski » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:52 pm

Support wrote:
jorismak wrote:it was aimed at me, giancarlo.

No problem. Now you can have some fun starting a post in a public forum saying that Slate hack us or we were sharing database with Slate due he buy us, or similar.

Hahahaha, excellent :lol:
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby Support » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:56 pm

Let talk now about our customer forum addiction.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby zabukowski » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:43 pm

Support wrote:Let talk now about our customer forum addiction.

If you remove "New posts" button, i'll pull my hair out :mrgreen:
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby Mauri » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:21 pm

It's a pleasure to be a member of this forum run by Giancarlo and the guys.
I thank them for their willingness to participate and help here. It is rare in this day and age.

Thank you for your work,

Mauri.
Cubase Pro 8 x64 + jBridge, W10 x64 Dual Boot on 2 SSDs + 3 SSDs for samples & project files, i7 5930K @ 4.2GHz, ASUS X99 Pro, 32GB RAM, RME HDSPe AIO, 2 x UAD2 Solo, Mackie HR624 MK2, 2 x 24" BenQ LED monitors, Nebula 3 Pro & Server x64.
Mauri
User Level X
User Level X

Postby botus99 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:44 pm

zabukowski wrote:
Support wrote:Let talk now about our customer forum addiction.

If you remove "New posts" button, i'll pull my hair out :mrgreen:

x1,000,000 :lol:
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula