Login

Nebula Server

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Nebula Server

Postby richie43 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:29 pm

Nebula server is used when you want to set up 2 computers in a server/slave setup. The server runs on one computer and bears the bulk of the CPU load while the other computer runs the actual fx. These computers are connected by lan network. If you are using Nebula on one computer, just load Nebula as a regular plugin.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby harmonik » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:03 pm

From what I can tell, the phrase "Nebula Server" on this forum could mean
either
1) The program running on the 2nd computer if you're networking things together.
or
2) Shorthand terminology used to identify the "regular" Nebula plugin that differs from the "regular" Nebula 3 Pro in terms of a different core engine for better RAM usage.

Prime example of how easily things get confusing around here.
harmonik
User Level V
User Level V

Postby richie43 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:39 pm

harmonik wrote:From what I can tell, the phrase "Nebula Server" on this forum could mean
either
1) The program running on the 2nd computer if you're networking things together.
or
2) Shorthand terminology used to identify the "regular" Nebula plugin that differs from the "regular" Nebula 3 Pro in terms of a different core engine for better RAM usage.

Prime example of how easily things get confusing around here.

Come on, it's not THAT confusing. Both of your examples of "Nebula Server" still refer to the same thing, the Nebula Server version of Nebula. And of course things will get at least a little confusing, this is not simple technology to use or to make.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby ianc » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:57 pm

thanks all, that was all pretty painless, I'll have to wait till I connect up network to see if I can figure the the rest out but think I understand. :D
I wish I could drum half as well with two hands as one of Terry Bozzio's feet
ianc
User Level X
User Level X

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula