Login

FIVE DAYS NOW AND STILL NO LICENSE

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: FIVE DAYS NOW AND STILL NO LICENSE

Postby richie43 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:00 pm

jpchartrand wrote: I don't think I am legally entitled to grab a pirated version.

Ok, now you are making a little sense. It does suck that the library is not working for you. It's a mystery, for sure. I hope that you wait it out patiently rather than using a cracked version. Regardless of how much a person supports something (a product, a cause, whatever), if they still actively do things that are damaging to whatever it is they think they support, then their support is meaningless. Good luck, no one is trying to attack you (I'm not, truly). Acustica is a very small, hard-working, and forward-thinking business. I compare them in some ways to Cockos (maker of Reaper), and I tend to get personal about some things. I am so tired of companies exercising their greed and slimy support and it is so refreshing when a business offers a good product, at a fair price, and stands behind their product for the paying customers. Why would anyone go out of their way to work against that?
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Ringo » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:03 pm

I pay for software. I wish I never even said that one tiny sentence fragment about the warez. I didn't even know what the word warez meant until recently when someone showed me. I was just frustrated because Nebula would not work for me and the emails were getting bounced back and I could not log in etc. But even then I did not actually do it and would not do it. If nobody pays for software then people will stop making it. That's an easy enough concept to understand. I was just frustrated with the fact that even thieves could have Nebula running and I, who paid for it, could not. That should also be an easy enough concept to understand. As far as libraries, I never even mentioned them at all except to say that a had a couple. They are not expensive for what you get. And I would rather have five libraries that I know in and out than fifty libraries that I don't know. I mean, I come from the analog days where you had to cut and splice tape to edit music! So I do not need a million presets, nor do I even want them. Too many choices and you get lost just trying to figure out what you are going to use. It is better to master one concept than to have a hundred concepts that you do not understand. I was happy enough with the factory Nebula presets, and then with the few libraries that I did have. I mostly downloaded all of the free ones from the Acustica site. That gave me about another 5GB of presets beyond the factory ones. How many could I possibly need? If you can't make good music with what is available these days then it's not the software, it is you (that's not directed at anyone here, I'm just saying...). So can we drop the subject please? I started the thread in the first place. All I ever wanted was my license. I was frustrated and uttered on word - warez - and now look at the thread. It's not even about my issue anymore. So as the originator of the thread I am telling you to stop talking about illegal software; and for someone to fix my legal software. OK? OK.
Ringo
User Level III
User Level III

Postby jpchartrand » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:22 pm

richie43 wrote:
jpchartrand wrote: I don't think I am legally entitled to grab a pirated version.

Ok, now you are making a little sense. It does suck that the library is not working for you. It's a mystery, for sure. I hope that you wait it out patiently rather than using a cracked version. Regardless of how much a person supports something (a product, a cause, whatever), if they still actively do things that are damaging to whatever it is they think they support, then their support is meaningless. Good luck, no one is trying to attack you (I'm not, truly). Acustica is a very small, hard-working, and forward-thinking business. I compare them in some ways to Cockos (maker of Reaper), and I tend to get personal about some things. I am so tired of companies exercising their greed and slimy support and it is so refreshing when a business offers a good product, at a fair price, and stands behind their product for the paying customers. Why would anyone go out of their way to work against that?

I agree that I went in hyper defensive mode quickly and I apologize. I'm sure you're a great guy and we'd probably get along in the real world. Like I said before, I don't blame the Acustica guys for all this crap. I know they are doing what they can. I like what I'm seeing recently. A lot of Nebula action and that's what I hope for. I love this product so much. I would never waste this much time on anything else just to get the product to work. It's just so frustrating at times. Now everyone is raving about this console and it makes me crazy! :cry:
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby giancarlo » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:43 pm

okokok
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Ringo » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:24 am

Richie, tell me about this console. I see the pictures of it so I know that at the least it looks nice, but how are people raving about it? I don't see it as for sale. I am certainly interested in it though. Actually a lot of different pictures are shown on the home page, they rotate, and they all look super nice. Is there just one new product coming out and the other pictures are of things that were modeled? That's the impression that I get. Can I purchase it or download a trial or what? I'm confused. It's probably quite good, AquaVox is nice too (thanks for that one, guys!) Oh and also, how much of a difference is there between the core 2 engine and the core 3 engine? I have the Nebula3 Pro Bundle. The top of the line when I bought it. I'd update to Server even though I don't need TCP/IP to get the core 3 engine, but at 60 euros that's almost $100 US and that's way too much for me to get something that I believe should be a free update for users of the Nebula3 Bundle, or at least much less expensive. I use Windows so I don't care about the 64 bit plugs as I already have that. It's just the difference in the engines that I am wondering about. Maybe they'll give me a free update to Server since it's going on two weeks now and my Nebula still does not work (sigh)! I did mention this in my original post, I was insulted, and still am, that users of Nebula Free get the core 3 engine while people like me who bought the top of the range at the time do not get it. I don't think that is fair (I know, life is not fair..). And the upgrade price is quite steep. Maybe 15-20 euros for an upgrade from Nebula3 Pro Bundle, that seems fair to me and I'd do it. But for $100 US for the upgrade I'll just stick with what I have.
Last edited by Ringo on Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ringo
User Level III
User Level III

Postby richie43 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:35 am

Ringo, I PM-ed you.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Ringo » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:38 am

OK I'll check it
Ringo
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Ringo » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:41 am

Aha now I see them there on the AquaVox commercial page. They look interesting. See, if I got a free update to Nebula 3 Server Pro then I could use the savings to buy one or more of those products. So I am still contributing money to the company even with a free upgrade to Server.
Ringo
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Ringo » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:48 am

I wrote you back Richie, it's still in the outbox. But I'm sure you can say N**e, I'm familiar with N**e even if I cannot afford it.
Ringo
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Ringo » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:52 am

OK GIANCARLO I WANT TO GIVE YOU MONEY! I WANT TO BUY THE CONSOLE PLUGIN. BUT NOT UNTIL MY NEBULA IS FIXED!!! OK?

I should mention that I also purchased Nebula and then Nebula2 Bundle and then Nebula3 Bundle. I'm a good customer.
Ringo
User Level III
User Level III

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula