Login

FIVE DAYS NOW AND STILL NO LICENSE

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: FIVE DAYS NOW AND STILL NO LICENSE

Postby richie43 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:15 am

the comments about being vindictive and superior were not directed at you, nor were the comments about cracked software. Another forum member on this thread was talking silly talk and I reacted to that person. Sorry for the confusion, but I was not talking about you.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Ringo » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:36 am

Oh sorry. No damage done!
Ringo
User Level III
User Level III

Postby richie43 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:14 am

Ringo wrote:Oh sorry. No damage done!

No worries. I am sure that your issues will get resolved soon. :mrgreen:
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby jorismak » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:48 am

i don't know what tips you've gotten from fellow users Ringo, but from what I've read the upload form might be very picky about which browser to use.

so 1) just trying to help, ignore me if you want :).
2) keep trying official emails and the ticket system, it's the official support way in the end

Now: The .ser file, did you create it yourself or did Nebula create it? If you did it yourself (in notepad or something), make sure there is no 'enter' at the end (or no last empty line, there must be one line of text, the serial, and no empty line underneath it)

And try different browsers if you did not. I've read on the forum somewhere that Internet Explorer versions might have had trouble. The script expects a 'binary' file, and some browsers upload it as 'plain text' which causes the error you see.
jorismak

Postby Ringo » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:08 pm

Thanks jorismak. I would not ignore your suggestions, why would I do that? They are the first concrete bits of help I have gotten so far. I think you are confusing me with someone else. Anyway I am using Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11. Nothing unusual there. But who knows. Antonello is helping me now, I had to send him my user name and pw and he said he'd do it for me.

As far as submitting tickets and the "official" way to go about things, I don't know if you have read this thread from the beginning but I did those things first and got no replies. I could not log in, my support tickets were not getting created, the .ser did not work, emails were bounced back, so I was forced to turn to the forums with a thread titled in all caps so somebody would notice it. And they did. I now know that the timing was bad, apparently there were some problems with the web site and it was precisely when I started trying to get help. But how would I have known it then? I could not even log in. But I am not at all angry with anyone, I just want to get what I paid for. That's all.
UPDATE - I opened the .ser file with Notepad per suggestions. There is just a serial number there. No line of text and nothing else. I had nothing to do with creating it, it was created when I opened Nebula for the first time. I have no control over what the .ser file says. That's probably the problem I would imagine but like I said I have nothing to do with the contents of the .ser file, it is created automatically. Oh and also I do not want to install other browsers on my computer. Windows 8.1 and the latest version of IE are the most common OS and browser of them all. So I should not have to do that, if the .ser won't work then emails with the serial number should. But they did not, they were bounced back every time. I appreciate your help but between the lines your post was somewhat accusatory, as if I created the problem and I most certainly did not. So put yourself in my position, it's about two weeks now and I still cannot use Nebula.
Ringo
User Level III
User Level III

Postby jpchartrand » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:21 pm

enriquesilveti wrote:
jpchartrand wrote:I feel completely fine with getting a cracked version I can't get by paying for it. I think that is quite legitimate and understandable.

I'll tell that to the police when the bank comes to
commandeer my home. Also can my wife phone you to explain why you prefer steal us? I feel an stupid guy now, maybe we just give up Nebula...

Did I say I prefer to steal? Did I not say I tried to get this library working for almost a week now? I'm just being honest. Yes I will get a cracked version IF I cannot get it working by paying for it. Anyways...I'm done.
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby giancarlo » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:40 pm

no you cant. If you cant get something working paying this doesnt authorize you to use cracks. You are only entitled to get your money back. Nothing more.
Yesterday I posted in a couple of forums, maybe the following post will be useful

Anyway, lucky for us, we ALREADY started doing actions in order to protect ourselves. We are protecting ourselves and our paying userbase, I'm sorry.

About protection: it is not nebula to be cracked but the library. Each library is loading several DLLs from memory (or dylib on mac osx, this is the reason for libraries not working). The libraries makes something obvious like providing code for decrypting BUT also code less obvious which makes the sound worse if not correctly authorized. Plus anyone can embed malaware easily.

So here my suggestion: don't use pirated software UNLESS you are doing music just for a quick game with your friends. I know that introducing malaware is illegal, but it is illegal to download things protected by copyright too. The thing which is incredibly difficoult to do is getting a proof about WHO introduced malaware in pirated software, which is the main fuel for many anti-virus and anti-malaware and anti-malaware companies (a lot richer than us).

Btw alexb was not responsible about this protection failure, but ME. We started introducting better protection cause people who was sharing our libraries (which were not protected) and alexb reported ZERO sells in few months, so the rant should be address to them. Sometimes the protection FAILS, it means library can't work even if authorized. When we are sure about a trouble we rufund, as you can see alessandro refunded you so your money are safe. We'll try to do OUR BEST in order to make this protection code RELIABLE. I would prefer a simple way like ilok, but we discovered our customers don't like it; I don't see the trouble to be honest and I'll start using ilok as soon as someone will start asking loud for it

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:47 pm

let's clarify it better: if someone cant sell a thing and you need it you are not authorized to steal. If the police catch you (or if your songs are lost just to continue this parallelism) you can't blame for a wrong world.
We create products and we fix a price to everything, but we can choose to not sell to someone, exactly like you can choose to not buy from someone. A product is on the market, it does not mean it's a right for everyone to buy or own it. If you really want that library, stop using mac osx. On windows things are a bit more consolidated
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:48 pm

(I know this is a fault of us but it is a fact)
We'll try to fix issues on mac osx but it requires time because mac osx was developed later.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby jpchartrand » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:21 pm

giancarlo wrote:(I know this is a fault of us but it is a fact)
We'll try to fix issues on mac osx but it requires time because mac osx was developed later.

I understand your side Giancarlo and I think what you say makes sense from your point of view. I don't think I am legally entitled to grab a pirated version. Which is why I still buy Nebula libraries even though they're almost all easy to find online for free.
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula