Login

FIVE DAYS NOW AND STILL NO LICENSE

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: FIVE DAYS NOW AND STILL NO LICENSE

Postby richie43 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:23 pm

jpchartrand wrote:See my problem with this is that I'm not paid to be a tester and I don't want to have to do this when I pay for a product. Sorry but you guys really don't understand customer service.

lol...testers don't get paid!!
Anyway, Enrique is trying to help you. He is not asking you to be a tester. he is asking you for some specific information so they may better give you customer service. It is much easier for them to help with a problem if they can understand the problem. And just reading your issues is not always enough, computers are not cookie-cutter tools, every system can be extremely unique from another. So without needing to guess and instead make some more educated suggestions, they want to try to recreate the problem. If you want to see your problem resolved, help them help you.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby jpchartrand » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:03 pm

richie43 wrote:
jpchartrand wrote:See my problem with this is that I'm not paid to be a tester and I don't want to have to do this when I pay for a product. Sorry but you guys really don't understand customer service.

lol...testers don't get paid!!
Anyway, Enrique is trying to help you. He is not asking you to be a tester. he is asking you for some specific information so they may better give you customer service. It is much easier for them to help with a problem if they can understand the problem. And just reading your issues is not always enough, computers are not cookie-cutter tools, every system can be extremely unique from another. So without needing to guess and instead make some more educated suggestions, they want to try to recreate the problem. If you want to see your problem resolved, help them help you.

I didn't mean Nebula testers. I meant real testers. Professionals in a well ran business.
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:47 pm

People are trying to help you, why do you need to act superior and vindictive? Relax and don't be "that guy". Also, making casual remarks on other forums about seeking out cracked Nebula libraries is offensive and disrespectful. Don't the "THAT guy" either, please.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby jpchartrand » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:06 pm

richie43 wrote:People are trying to help you, why do you need to act superior and vindictive? Relax and don't be "that guy". Also, making casual remarks on other forums about seeking out cracked Nebula libraries is offensive and disrespectful. Don't the "THAT guy" either, please.

I'm sorry who are you? Please mind your own business. If you want to be a suck up to Acustica Audio it's your right. I'm a paying customer and I have every right to give feedback on their products and services. I think you're the one who should relax and mind your own business. Move along.

edit: About the cracked libraries...If I can't use MFC because of the authorization procedure and I find it cracked, of course I will get it. Nothing offensive in this.
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:15 pm

Nobody's being a suck-up. But you can think whatever you want, it's your right. I've been called much worse by nicer people! (ha ha, kidding).I am merely a user who doesn't steal from devs, and when people start making comments about seeking out cracked software from businesses that i support, it becomes my business (and anyone else who is also a paying customer). Of course you have a right to give feedback, and you also have the right to have a working tool that you paid for, I am with you on that. I'm not your enemy, goofball. This is a public forum, so as long as you post on a public forum, it's the business of anyone who reads this. If you need privacy, keep your comments private to whoever you intend them for. For the record, I am extremely relaxed and tend to my own business, I just was addressing your comments about software piracy, which is a sticky issue for many devs and paying customers everywhere. Anyway, I hope that your issues get resolved, just take whatever help you are offered. No one wants to help someone when they get pissy and start saying stupid stuff. Good luck.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby jpchartrand » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:17 pm

Devs would know that I pay for my libraries and I bought A LOT of them. I feel completely fine with getting a cracked version I can't get by paying for it. I think that is quite legitimate and understandable.
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:28 pm

jpchartrand wrote:Devs would know that I pay for my libraries and I bought A LOT of them. I feel completely fine with getting a cracked version I can't get by paying for it. I think that is quite legitimate and understandable.

So legitimate....Why don't you ask a few devs what they feel about it...I bet that they would not understand. You could just be a god boy and wait for the problem to get solved. Don't try to rationalize stealing from these small businesses, it is never ok with them to steal from them, so quit kidding yourself.
It's not the devs fault that it is not working, this is a kink in Nebula and will be worked out, just go through the same process that anyone goes through.... bug report, emails..... Besides, if you really insist on using pirated warez, you are also putting your system at a huge risk for malware, so if you are doing any serious audio, you would be extra foolish and short-sighted choosing to go that route. Be patient and you'll get your working libraries. This is software, it is not universally compatible all of the time. The fact that people with similar systems have it working could also indicate an issue on your system. Too many variables to fly off and start throwing blame.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:38 pm

jpchartrand wrote:Devs would know that I pay for my libraries and I bought A LOT of them. I feel completely fine with getting a cracked version I can't get by paying for it. I think that is quite legitimate and understandable.

I appreciate it and BELIEVE ME, we are doing ALL OUR BEST in order to make this protection as much transparent as possible. As I told you, we'll start working on ilok solution too, hoping it will not introduce further hassles. In my perfect world protection is not necessary at all. I discouraged ALL DEVELOPERS from adopting it, but at the end I surrendered. Last year alessandro stopped releasing things because the complete lacking of sells. Which started as soon as he copied libraries (they were not protected) were released.
Again sorry for misunderstanding and for my strong reaction, it was not addressed to you or to a customer or a pirate really, but this whole thing makes me angry. Piracy is forcing us to release complex protections which are making even our software less stable and is introducing other issues we are continuously fixing instead of working on improving things on the other sides.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby enriquesilveti » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:33 pm

jpchartrand wrote:I feel completely fine with getting a cracked version I can't get by paying for it. I think that is quite legitimate and understandable.

I'll tell that to the police when the bank comes to
commandeer my home. Also can my wife phone you to explain why you prefer steal us? I feel an stupid guy now, maybe we just give up Nebula...
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Re: TEN DAYS NOW AND STILL NO LICENSE

Postby Ringo » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:58 am

Ah I see, server brought 64 bit OSX capability with it. I run Windows so I already had 64 bit. Thank you for the explanation.

I am sorry that I was forced to open this thread in the first place, but 1)my .ser did not work 2)my emails to Acustica were bounced back and 3) there was nothing in "my authorizations." What choice did I have? This was my last resort (btw it's still not fixed.)

I have never acted superior or vindictive. I don't know why you say that. I just wanted my license and I pointed a few things out. For example, I said how I would never make my own customers wait like this.

As for cracked libraries, I never said I would do that either. So I don't know why you would say that too. I said that the PROGRAM was there (not cracked libraries) and if I could not get through Acustica what I PAID FOR then I'd have no choice, either give up Nebula, which would make my libraries pointless too and they are not free; or else do that. But I PAY for software. I just mentioned that it crossed my mind, I mean I paid for it, and I had all of these libraries, and Acustica was actually preventing me from having it. Software thieves could have it when I, a PAYING customer, could not? So please respect my position as I respect yours. If I did not pay for software I would not be here in the first place. And you can ask Avid, Line 6, Novation, Image Line, Audio Damage, Tone 2, H*******, Propellerhead, M-Audio and more if I paid for their software. Because I did. But the bottom line is that even though I am getting screwed around here, I still did not download any pirated software; and if I ever did it would be because I was forced into that position when I paid for the software and the developer was not providing it to me.

Enrique, do not get discouraged and give up! I've always paid. And why would the police come to your house anyway? I don't understand. You are not providing illegal software, heck in my case you are not even providing legal software LOL!

All I want is my license! It's going on two weeks. But also let me say that I finally did receive a reply in my email today from Antonello that had an .ser that I was instructed to try uploading, and if it did not work to reply with my serial number, which I did and I am waiting for my license.

I never harbored any ill will towards Acustica and I am not vindictive at all. I only want what I paid for. That's not too much to ask, is it?
Attachments
nebulaerror.jpg
Ringo
User Level III
User Level III

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula