Login

Nebula upgrade suggestion

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Nebula upgrade suggestion

Postby Cupwise » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:30 pm

the preset list *does* hightlight the currently loaded preset, doesn't it? at least, it puts a checkmark beside it. which is why i don't see what the huge help of 'next/previous' is- you click on the 'last' menu, you glance over, see the checkmark, click just below it, and you are on next preset, it takes like 2 seconds.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby nino » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:53 pm

Cupwise wrote:the preset list *does* hightlight the currently loaded preset, doesn't it? at least, it puts a checkmark beside it. which is why i don't see what the huge help of 'next/previous' is- you click on the 'last' menu, you glance over, see the checkmark, click just below it, and you are on next preset, it takes like 2 seconds.

Well, if there were prev/next buttons I could close my eyes and just listen to changes (while browsing presets with one click at a time), now I have to click, look, scroll menu, click close my eyes... ups I forgot how last preset sounded...well if preset has fancy name or
was made in 96kHz I might think (see) it sounds better then previous :lol:

or I could stumble upon some great fx solution while clicking next..next which I would normally not even try.
nino
User Level X
User Level X

Postby futur2 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:13 am

Cupwise wrote:the preset list *does* hightlight the currently loaded preset, doesn't it? at least, it puts a checkmark beside it. which is why i don't see what the huge help of 'next/previous' is- you click on the 'last' menu, you glance over, see the checkmark, click just below it, and you are on next preset, it takes like 2 seconds.

well, like nino pointed out it's two mouse clicks versus one plus some unnecessary mousing ;)
futur2

Postby Definity » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:06 am

i would like an easy way to organise the preset menu
Definity

Postby richie43 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:19 am

I think the reality is that Nebula is much more complex than a "normal" plugin, and much better sounding or none of us would bother with the work-flow changes we deal with. I assume that Giancarlo and the other devs do everything that they can to make it as stable, efficient, and convenient as they can within the parameters of what the plugin can and can't do. If you want speed and ease, Nebula is not necessarily the tool. But if you want beautiful audio, then be grateful that this technology exists. As far as I am concerned, "Thanks Acustica!"
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby nino » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:17 am

Don't get me wrong I love Nebula already, I'm professional producer (nebServer user) and Nebula has a zillion other options which maybe I will never use (though I educate my self regularly).
Did not point this because of speed but because of getting out the best of Nebula...which is the sound!!

Giancarlo said he dont WANT to repeat some options in another way, so in terms is it possible to do?...of course it is.
In virtual world everything is possible.

Oh and I drive FIAT :lol:
nino
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Cupwise » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:56 pm

Definity wrote:i would like an easy way to organise the preset menu

+1000
this would be gold

if you could do stuff like what you can do with native instruments plug-ins' presets, that would be tits
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:02 pm

well, like nino pointed out it's two mouse clicks versus one plus some unnecessary mousing ;)

i suppose it could come in handy in places, i'm not saying it's a horrible or even bad idea, just that it wouldn't be at the top of my personal list. but everyone uses nebula differently, and one thing might be great to one person and go unnoticed by another...
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby darren » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:06 pm

I really think that Nebulas interface in general could do with a serious update.
darren
User Level X
User Level X

Postby faun2500 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:45 pm

Really disappointed that the next/prev button has been pretty much killed already! :evil:

A better way to organise presets so we could have a 'favourites' list might be a good start.
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula