Login

fresh install of Nebula goes on and Nebulasetups kicks ass

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: fresh install of Nebula goes on and Nebulasetups kicks a

Postby RJHollins » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:56 pm

dream wrote:Thanks for your presence RJ. :)

Are you suggesting to not upgrading in this way? I'm still on Nebula Server 1.3.505 and I would like to update the version to the latest one (1.3.636) for using new libraries like the new AlexB console for instance.

Hi dream,

Oh no ... I just HAD to do the same upgrade in order for AlexB MFC to even show up to authorize.
Happily, I can say that this new version [GUI3] seems much more solid than my 505 version. The GUI4[?] just gave me a black GUI screen ... I don't know why, but GUI3 worked.

I also then bought SetUps v2 ... the time had come to redo all my custom NEB's.

I had a bunch of TIMED versions ... honestly, I have not fully automated that part with SetUps v2. I may just redo them individually.

So ... I won't suggest HOW to proceed ... but from recent experience, the NEB upgrade of the Server was a good thing ... plus the new MFC is NOW the last console I think I'll need to buy :shock: I said that after the last one too :roll: :lol:

Anyway ... with these new updates scheduled for Nebula, I hope one of the EXPERTS steps in and can guide us through! 8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby zabukowski » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:45 pm

It is expected that future Nebula upgrades will introduce new parameters in xml files. This means that all of your setup xml and dll files has to be updated to be working properly with new Nebula version.

The key question is, how to do this without losing parameter modifications, which you've done by editing xml files. Simply use "Tweaks" feature - define your parameter changes/tweaks inside Nebula Setups. When setup is saved/updated, tweaks are included in the target setup xml file.

This way, in most cases you won't need to edit your xml files by hand anymore. On the other hand, I am sure there are some scenarios which aren't covered by Nebula Setups, yet ...

Hope this helps a bit :)
Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby dream » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:13 am

RJHollins wrote:plus the new MFC is NOW the last console I think I'll need to buy :shock: I said that after the last one too :roll: :lol:

Haha! You made me laugh! Can't help myself neither. :D

Thanks Zab, I think the time to change has come. :)
Mixing Engineer | Producer | Editing Audio Expert
http://www.davidefant.com
dream

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula