Login

1.3.636 released apparently, what's new?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: 1.3.636 released apparently, what's new?

Postby Definity » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:59 pm

Had to dl and install firefox, But it worked!
Definity

Postby XanomalieX » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:36 pm

In previous Versions I only needed to start Cubase in Admin Mode once and after the first start (Nebula took some time to... generate a database?!?) it worked without admin rights.
This is not possible anymore, if I load a session with nebula plugins in it, cubase crashes without admin rights.

But with admin rights, i can't double click a session file in the win browser (it starts another cubase instance) and i can't drag a session file into cubase to open it. Have to do everything in the Cubase browser.

Maybe this problem is handmade, because my nebularespostery folder is in C:\Programs\ and not on C:\ like default :-(

Can I change this easily or do I run into problems?

thanx
XanomalieX
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby darren » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:28 pm

Yes I see your point about checksum.

How about just looking at the size of the directory? If it has changed then rescan? The OS should provide that.
darren
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Support » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:55 pm

XanomalieX wrote:In previous Versions I only needed to start Cubase in Admin Mode once and after the first start (Nebula took some time to... generate a database?!?) it worked without admin rights.
This is not possible anymore, if I load a session with nebula plugins in it, cubase crashes without admin rights.

But with admin rights, i can't double click a session file in the win browser (it starts another cubase instance) and i can't drag a session file into cubase to open it. Have to do everything in the Cubase browser.

Maybe this problem is handmade, because my nebularespostery folder is in C:\Programs\ and not on C:\ like default :-(

thanx

Need support? Customer Area > Dashboard > Summit Tickets
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:37 pm

XanomalieX wrote:In previous Versions I only needed to start Cubase in Admin Mode once and after the first start (Nebula took some time to... generate a database?!?) it worked without admin rights.

thanx

which operating system do you have exactly? windows 8?
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby david1103 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:01 pm

XanomalieX wrote:Maybe this problem is handmade, because my nebularespostery folder is in C:\Programs\ and not on C:\ like default :-(

VERY likely the cause of the problem.
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby jorismak » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:44 pm

Do use created a 'C:\Programs' yourself? Or do you mean 'c:\Program Files' ? Cause in the 2nd case, it's sort of a special folder under Windows and there are special access rights (non-admin users can't do much there).

If you want to change it, you can move the folder to whatever place you want, and in your VST dll plugin folders, change the .xml files of Nebula. If you open the XML files in an editor (for example, notepad) you see a parameter 'DATAPATH' somewhere near the top, which you can edit to your new path.

Do this for all variations of the Nebula plugin you got (like 'Nebula3', 'Nebula3 Reverb' or more if you used Nebula Setups or something similar).
jorismak

Postby cpwade » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:18 am

1.3.668 OSX brilliant. Thank you. :shock: :D

Cheers!
cpwade

Postby giancarlo » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:28 am

yes we are stll improving thngs, especially on mac osx side
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Melon_Jack » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:47 am

Hmmm... Nebula Server AU - 1.3.655? O__o
Sorry for my bad english =))
Melon_Jack

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula