Login

Installation Issues...

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Installation Issues...

Postby ericus » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:30 am

Disclaimer
----------

I've been a Nebula user and advocate for many years now (if my memory is good, since mid 2009 or something). I've been telling friends and colleagues about the sound, etc...Some bought it and love it too!

So here we go with the topic...

Just bought the Deep Space presets of STN and they didn't show up in my list of presets. After contacting Eric from STN, he suggested to update my Nebula version to the latest one, i.e. version 602.

As I use Nebula 3 server, I did an install of Nebula Pro version .602 on my home machine first (Windows 7 64 bits) and then I ran the update for the server version. Surprise, no .ser file was created in my nebulatemprepository after firing up Reaper and inserting an instance of Nebula on a track. And there are now two folders in my VST plugins folder; one is called acustica and the other acustica64.

So, I tried to manually create a .ser file with the serial that was written on the main Nebula screen at line number 8 - AUTHORISATION: SEND THIS SERIAL (serial is displayed here). When I tried to upload it in the USER AREA/LICENSES/MY REQUESTS, I had the following error message: That is not a valid file type (text/plain) or file size too big! Unknown upload error

I don't want to sound negative but there seem to be some problems with those installers. I'm not a beta user, fanboy or else...I'm normally a very satisfied customer that is experiencing problems doing what used to be (and should be) an easy thing: installing Nebula.

Please check the installers on virgin machines, not on your dev machines. I never had a problem generating .ser files before on any PC... You may also want to check the license section of the website.

I'm so glad to have tested those installers on a non-production machine before installing them on my DAW...
ericus

Re: Installation Issues...

Postby enriquesilveti » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:30 pm

ericus sorry about your issues. Your have a mixed problems.

no .ser file was created in my nebulatemprepository

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=362
Problem type 1: Nebula not generate any .SER file
Trouble: You are logged in your OS as user not as administrator and Nebula has not permission to write in the plug-in support installation folder.
Solution: Copy the numbers from Nebula to Notepad in Windows or TextEdit OSX. Save as the document as Nebula3.ser for Nebula3, Nebula3 Pro and Nebula3 Pro Server and Nebula2.ser for Nebula2.
Go User Area, My Licenses, Request and upload your .SER file.
If Nebula does not show numbers in the boot in OSX go to Mac system information, more info..., and serial number. Copy your serial number in TextEdit. Save as the document as Nebula3.ser. Go User Area, My Licenses, Request and upload your .SER file.
If Nebula does not show numbers in the boot in Windows, send us an email to licensing AT acustica-audio.com.

So, I tried to manually create a .ser file with the serial that was written on the main Nebula screen at line number 8 - AUTHORISATION: SEND THIS SERIAL (serial is displayed here). When I tried to upload it in the USER AREA/LICENSES/MY REQUESTS, I had the following error message: That is not a valid file type (text/plain) or file size too big! Unknown upload error

Undocumented issue. Workaround, use other web browser. Firefox 26 portable works here (real admin account running as admin.). We still researching about this issue.

Please read slowly, How to install, upgrade and uninstall Nebula: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2569 then Acustica Audio Products Key F.A.Q.: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=362.

I'll you still have problem upgrading or registering Nebula send me an email to: enrique.silveti AT acusticaudio.net
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby ericus » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:27 am

enriquesilveti wrote:ericus sorry about your issues. Your have a mixed problems.

no .ser file was created in my nebulatemprepository

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=362
Problem type 1: Nebula not generate any .SER file
Trouble: You are logged in your OS as user not as administrator and Nebula has not permission to write in the plug-in support installation folder.
Solution: Copy the numbers from Nebula to Notepad in Windows or TextEdit OSX. Save as the document as Nebula3.ser for Nebula3, Nebula3 Pro and Nebula3 Pro Server and Nebula2.ser for Nebula2.
Go User Area, My Licenses, Request and upload your .SER file.
If Nebula does not show numbers in the boot in OSX go to Mac system information, more info..., and serial number. Copy your serial number in TextEdit. Save as the document as Nebula3.ser. Go User Area, My Licenses, Request and upload your .SER file.
If Nebula does not show numbers in the boot in Windows, send us an email to licensing AT acustica-audio.com.

Undocumented issue. Workaround, use other web browser. Firefox 26 portable works here (real admin account running as admin.). We still researching about this issue.

Please read slowly, How to install, upgrade and uninstall Nebula: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2569 then Acustica Audio Products Key F.A.Q.: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=362.

I'll you still have problem upgrading or registering Nebula send me an email to: enrique.silveti AT acusticaudio.net

It worked perfectly using Firefox 26.0 as mentioned earlier! Thank you so much! I feel a lot better executing the installers on my main DAW now. :mrgreen:

A little suggestion...what about adding a Read Me to the installer or the zip files? :mrgreen:
ericus

Postby enriquesilveti » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:31 pm

A little suggestion...what about adding a Read Me to the installer or the zip files?

Already done. Antonello should add in the new installer. Also we have a new staff member called Acustica Audio TV, soon features, tip and trick, FAQs will be upload in 1K HD videos.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Return to Working with Nebula