Login

Update from 1.3.505 > 1.3.602 Cubase 6.5.3 PC---SOLVED!

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Update from 1.3.505 > 1.3.602 Cubase 6.5.3 PC---SOLVED!

Postby dagovitsj » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:17 am

Hi!
I have Nebula Pro 3 1.3.505 installed on win7-64 bit PC. I downloaded the update called: Upgrade Nebula3 Pro x64 1.3.602, right clicked and chose 'Run as administrator'.

No problem when installing, but when I open Cubase 6.5.3. and open Nebula 3 Reverb, I get this strange message:
Acoustica loader ver 1.3.602
1 DEBUG level:0
2 MASTER Ko: master descriptor not found (nebula3 reverb.xml)

I have checked the xml-files in the folder called vstfolder/acustica64, and the strange thing is that there is almost nothing in those xmls:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<?generated by Nebula2 parser?>
<MASTER>
<FIXEDQUALITY> 0 </FIXEDQUALITY>
<NODROP> 1 </NODROP>
<DICTIONARYSUBPATH> Dictionaries/ </DICTIONARYSUBPATH>
<DICTIONARYROMNAME> Rom.xml </DICTIONARYROMNAME>
</MASTER>

I have also read the FAQ regarding installing, upgrading etc, and it says:
IMPORTANT: From 1.3.600 version we change the name of the .DLL/.XML files in PC versions. After upgrade from a 1.3.5xx/1.3.4xx version, go
Acustica or Acustica64 folder and delete/backup old files and rename new files (if you need compatibility with old projects).


Sorry, but I don't understand what I should do here? I can see that the new Nebula files are called:
'Nebula3 Reverb.dll' and 'Nebula3.dll' in my 'acustica64' folder, and the xml files are called:
Nebula3 Reverb_installer.xml
Nebula3_installer.xml

But do you mean that I should rename my files in the acoustica folder, these files?
Nebula3CoreII64 Reverb.dll rename to Nebula3 Reverb.dll?
Nebula3CoreII64.dll rename to Nebula3.dll?

And change the:
Nebula3CoreII64 Reverb.xml > Nebula3 Reverb.xml
Nebula3CoreII64.xml > Nebula3.xml

???
........
Yes, I would like to have compatibility with old projects. But this explanation is very confusing. How do I get compatibility if I change the name in 'acustica' folder?

Think something got messed up when I upgraded, so need some help here ;)

I'm used to tweak my xml files, but there is almost no info in these new xml files, so I can't understand how this is working with the new upgrade?

Best
Last edited by dagovitsj on Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member
 
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:25 pm

Re: Problems: update from 1.3.505 > 1.3.602 Cubase 6.5.3 PC

Postby enriquesilveti » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:07 pm

1. Detect your new .DLL files (see date). Acustica or Acustica64 folders.
2. Detect your old .XML files (those are your MAST page(s))
3. Nebula Reverb and Non reverb are the same file just renamed! (get smart!)
4. Rename new (602) .DLL same as your old .505 .DLL (move to a backup folder .505 .DLL(s))
5. Rename old .XML to have the same name as your new .602 .DLL(s)
6. Check inside your .XML(s) that the DATAPATH tag is the correct path, if not Nebula will try to load (in boot) INIT files (your key) from a wrong folder and kaput/chaos/morronako/palmeti!

PC installer write only one registry key, after you have system files you can move manually almost everything. We update betas for test manually, also AFX! Seems that you setup a wrong "DATAPATH" during the upgrade/update.

Make a try if not you can send me your files and I'll be do it manually (like a matrix operator)
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
User avatar
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2662
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:00 pm
Location: Lodi | Madrid | Buenos Aires

Re: Problems: update from 1.3.505 > 1.3.602 Cubase 6.5.3 PC

Postby dagovitsj » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:44 pm

Hi!
Unfortunately I can't get this to work. I have sent you an email and my files. Looking forward to get Nebula "online" again ;)
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member
 
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:25 pm

Re: Problems: update from 1.3.505 > 1.3.602 Cubase 6.5.3 PC

Postby enriquesilveti » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:36 pm

dagovitsj wrote:Hi!
Unfortunately I can't get this to work. I have sent you an email and my files. Looking forward to get Nebula "online" again ;)


Replayed.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
User avatar
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2662
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:00 pm
Location: Lodi | Madrid | Buenos Aires

Re: Update from 1.3.505 > 1.3.602 Cubase 6.5.3 PC---SOLVED!

Postby dagovitsj » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:28 pm

YES! Now it's working like a charm, both the "new" 602-version and the "old" backward compatibility!
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member
 
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:25 pm


Return to Working with Nebula

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest