Login

Program and Vector file management

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Program and Vector file management

Postby kylen » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:24 am

I'd like to request, or understand, how to manage my nebula pro libraries. I'm at the point now where my nebulatemprepository folder is 24GB. I need to prune libraries that I am not currently using, and also be able to figure out how to add specific libraries back in when I need them. Case in point: I have just purchased HenryO's generous 25GB all-you-can-eat library. From an end user point of view how do I manage/select certain presets to include in the nebulatemprepository? I don't have space for everything. All I can see are filenames, and they aren't always constructed in a way that would allow me to add/delete the various devices sampled. This is not only a problem I have with HenryO's libraries - but that case is so huge it has prompted my question. Is there some Management Tool or standard file naming convention that allows users to make decisions that allow them to add or delete a preamp, or compressor, or an entire 3rd party preset or whatever? I either need management skills or management tools. My nebulatemprepository is getting huge! :)
kylen

Re: Program and Vector file management

Postby enriquesilveti » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:06 am

Hello kylen. We are researching in a solution for better browsing, tagging and file management of emulation presets. Actually you can use alternative paths, you can setup one per library developer or one by each library. Nebula only support one hierarchi level in alternative path.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby jorismak » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:29 pm

Maybe (really don't know) you can use NAT to open the files before installing them / copying them to your Nebula repository, to see what they are?

Also (but hard if you're not willing to dig deep / be computer savvy) you can make a copy of the vst DLL file + XML file and name it everything you want.

Then in the XML file you could make that VST DLL point to a complete other Nebula repository.

I think you could make a copy of your nebula repository, remove everything in programs/ and vectors/ (but make sure you leave your init.n2p / init.n2v files there! They are your license!). Then copy HenryO's files in there and you have a separate 'HenryO repository' completely separate from your regular Nebula stuff. Copy 'Nebula3 Reverb.dll' to 'HenryO Nebula.dll' and copy 'Nebula3 Reverb.xml' to 'HenryO Nebula.xml'. Then edit the new .XML file and change the paths. This is very similar to what the program 'Nebula Setups' does to make little mini-VSTs of a selection of your Nebula programs.
jorismak

Postby dagovitsj » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:37 pm

Hi!
I will strongly recommend using Nebula setups, a brilliant program by Zabukowski. With this program you can for example make a collection of the preamps you use often, another collection of tape, EQ, consoles etc.

And the great thing about it is that Nebula doesn't have to scan all those libs in your 24 GB folder, but only the ones you have included in your collection - meaning it's loading really fast! That's a great program to speed up your workflow with Nebula.

Check it out!
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby kylen » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:13 am

Thanks folks, good to know about the future features of Nebula as well as these techniques. Will try out your ideas shortly. :D
kylen

Return to Working with Nebula