Login

Nebula 4 - to be released in November 2014?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Nebula 4 - to be released in November 2014?

Postby ianc » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:03 am

You could try my temporary solution for eq's which is to place them in parallel in something like ddmf's metaplugin or similar, I prefer the sound than all in serial configuration, but you can do both, which is handy depending on what is included in the program presets. :D
I wish I could drum half as well with two hands as one of Terry Bozzio's feet
ianc
User Level X
User Level X

Postby enriquesilveti » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:13 am

Interesting!
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby Andrums » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:37 am

New version 1.3.636 is out!!!
Andrums

Postby mtalavera » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:16 am

So is this version that was just released, .636, the Nebula 4 being discussed in this thread, or is that still part of the Nebula 3 line?
mtalavera

Postby giancarlo » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:37 am

no nebula4 is a different topic than nebula3
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Shibata » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:10 pm

musicgreator
enriquesilveti

Pardon me, guys, was busy a little.
Download the video here:
http://yuriilyin.com/Nebula.rar
Shibata
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby musicgreator » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:31 am

Shibata wrote:musicgreator
enriquesilveti

Pardon me, guys, was busy a little.
Download the video here:
http://yuriilyin.com/Nebula.rar

Thanks for that great demonstration :!: :shock: Great music too!

Basically this looks like "freezing". You do this for each instrument, one at a time right? Why don't you do that in the Cubase session? Can't your main PC handle one of those processing chains at a time?
musicgreator
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Shibata » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:05 pm

musicgreator wrote:Thanks for that great demonstration Great music too!

It`s Christopher Lennertz - Dogs Of War

musicgreator wrote:Basically this looks like "freezing". You do this for each instrument, one at a time right?

Yes, although you can record group of selected instrument. But basically, for me it better than freezing, because i can record specific zone of audio, and have a control for raw signal - such volume automatization and etc., while freezing, render the whole track and considering to heavy Nebula chain - it will take much more time than bouncing limited range of audio.

I understand - after working with soft plugins on the fly - this one seems very awkward, though working with outboard very similar - there is no offline rendering, you must send your raw signal and return the processed in realtime, and besides, if you have only one expensive unit - everytime needs to change settings with different instruments, when that unit don`t have a midi recall.

When i worked with soft plugins(many brands) I have to take hours to build a sound and after all, it was still unsatisfactory. With Nebula i just make a music and choose the color, taste and vibe that i need without the headache of sound restoration)

So i think is worth it.

Recently I tried to ease overal process - combining pressing audioinput with Ve PRO instance and with assignable to MIDI controller. Just placed audioinput and Ve in plugin like Metaplugin, Plogue Bidule or Patchwork from Blue Cat Audio. It works pretty well but there is some problem with signal after processing - with phase or something like that, still not yet found what is it causes.
if you're interested, short video with routing here:
http://yuriilyin.com/Nebula_Part_3.rar

I tried with all the above plug-ins, but effect the same.

musicgreator wrote:Why don't you do that in the Cubase session? Can't your main PC handle one of those processing chains at a time?

It handle, but in cubase only 8 inserts and i can't to build all the chain path using just one channel. Besides in Ve, i can collect separate chains like only EQ bands or console route and save it like module preset and than quickly to load necessary one without reload all chain. Plus Ve pro well stable and if Cubase is for some reason have to crash, i just will restart the project and connected to Ve automatically, without reload all Nebulas again, which requires around 20 minutes for 15-20 channels due to convertation (44.1).

Plus Ve pro very effectively uses CPU resources and allows you to load more instances.
I tried to replace it with Metaplugin, but it is terribly limited in scope and management like inability to maintain an individual chain, as well as disabling individual band of EQ - just simple bypass, which is still a background process.
And especially, my tests with Nebula in Metaplugin with null phase subtraction, showed the existence of significant artifacts, so i just delete it)
Shibata
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby enriquesilveti » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:01 pm

Just placed audioinput and Ve in plugin like Metaplugin, Plogue Bidule or Patchwork from Blue Cat Audio. It works pretty well but there is some problem with signal after processing - with phase or something like that, still not yet found what is it causes.

We find strange behavior. I can not report yet the real issue. We are researching Vienna Symphonic Library.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula