Login

Nebula 4 - to be released in November 2014?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Nebula 4 - to be released in November 2014?

Postby enriquesilveti » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:07 pm

Shibata wrote:enriquesilveti
It will be awesome, because it is the only issue that remains unresolved for me :roll:


From yesterday you can say resolved!

PS: VEP screenshot is yours? Is local or LAN? Do you have latency issues?
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
User avatar
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2663
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:00 pm
Location: Lodi | Madrid | Buenos Aires

Re: Nebula 4 - to be released in November 2014?

Postby Melon_Jack » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:28 pm

WOW! Can't wait!)
Sorry for my bad english =))
User avatar
Melon_Jack
Member
Member
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:55 am

Re: Nebula 4 - to be released in November 2014?

Postby Shibata » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:30 pm

enriquesilveti wrote:
Shibata wrote:enriquesilveti
It will be awesome, because it is the only issue that remains unresolved for me :roll:


From yesterday you can say resolved!

PS: VEP screenshot is yours? Is local or LAN? Do you have latency issues?


Very interesting, how you solved it)) But i`am glad if you are!

VEP - yes, it`s mine and is local.
First time, I wanted to reproduce the work in the studio, with a consistent path: tracking, mixing, mastering - in one project ITB. And planned to use several computers via LAN by Ve pro 5. I.e. all nebula presets on each channel per instrument. But the problem was not in CPU`s power or ASIO streaming buffer from SSD`s. Even at 128 size Nebula`s internal buffer, overal latency began to multiply the total delay, when all instances are online, almost totally ignore buffer size from audio interface (RME AIO). With each start, stop, play, record - delay was 10-15 second))

Plus for me, its critical to record live instruments with lowest latency possible, actually 32(0.75ms) and midi as well.

So i`ve decided completely change the workflow. All midi and audio tracks in Cubase, divide and routing into the raw and processed domain, with a full nebula setup studio stages in Ve pro instances per audio/midi channel or group, which are loaded to memory, but offline and not harming the cpu, ASIO and not create a latency (i disabled tracks - not mute). As a result, i can record live guitar double track, with 32 card buffer size, or some heavy piano like Fazioli extreme (150 gb, 127 layers, RR, 6 mics) simultaneously, without any trouble with performance. Then, turn the Ve pro and record dry material through it to the corresponding channel in processed domain, tuning gain stage, EQ, comp. etc. if needed. Because I like to hear the final or at least, closest sound, while writing. Habit)
So, in this way, restriction in number of Nebulas, only in memory size (thanks Giancarlo for sharing feature) and computing power, that can handle overall loading per channel.
Even 10-20 computers via server, can`t help working realtime with so many Nebulas simultaneously, due to multiply the internal Nebula total delay.
Maybe in future, we have some solution ;)
Good luck, guys!
User avatar
Shibata
User Level VIII
User Level VIII
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:06 pm
Location: Odessa Ukraine

Re: Nebula 4 - to be released in November 2014?

Postby musicgreator » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:34 pm

Shibata wrote:
enriquesilveti wrote:
Shibata wrote:enriquesilveti
It will be awesome, because it is the only issue that remains unresolved for me :roll:


From yesterday you can say resolved!

PS: VEP screenshot is yours? Is local or LAN? Do you have latency issues?


Very interesting, how you solved it)) But i`am glad if you are!

VEP - yes, it`s mine and is local.
First time, I wanted to reproduce the work in the studio, with a consistent path: tracking, mixing, mastering - in one project ITB. And planned to use several computers via LAN by Ve pro 5. I.e. all nebula presets on each channel per instrument. But the problem was not in CPU`s power or ASIO streaming buffer from SSD`s. Even at 128 size Nebula`s internal buffer, overal latency began to multiply the total delay, when all instances are online, almost totally ignore buffer size from audio interface (RME AIO). With each start, stop, play, record - delay was 10-15 second))

Plus for me, its critical to record live instruments with lowest latency possible, actually 32(0.75ms) and midi as well.

So i`ve decided completely change the workflow. All midi and audio tracks in Cubase, divide and routing into the raw and processed domain, with a full nebula setup studio stages in Ve pro instances per audio/midi channel or group, which are loaded to memory, but offline and not harming the cpu, ASIO and not create a latency (i disabled tracks - not mute). As a result, i can record live guitar double track, with 32 card buffer size, or some heavy piano like Fazioli extreme (150 gb, 127 layers, RR, 6 mics) simultaneously, without any trouble with performance. Then, turn the Ve pro and record dry material through it to the corresponding channel in processed domain, tuning gain stage, EQ, comp. etc. if needed. Because I like to hear the final or at least, closest sound, while writing. Habit)
So, in this way, restriction in number of Nebulas, only in memory size (thanks Giancarlo for sharing feature) and computing power, that can handle overall loading per channel.
Even 10-20 computers via server, can`t help working realtime with so many Nebulas simultaneously, due to multiply the internal Nebula total delay.
Maybe in future, we have some solution ;)
Good luck, guys!


I'm very interested in your method, but i didn't really understand how you are doing it. Could you please explain again? You could also PM me, since this is off topic, or create a new topic.
musicgreator
User Level XI
User Level XI
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:16 pm

Re: Nebula 4 - to be released in November 2014?

Postby Shibata » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:02 am

musicgreator
Sorry, is probably due to my bad english)
Tomorrow, i`ll try to capture some little video tutorial about that.
User avatar
Shibata
User Level VIII
User Level VIII
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:06 pm
Location: Odessa Ukraine

Re: Nebula 4 - to be released in November 2014?

Postby musicgreator » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:12 am

Shibata wrote:musicgreator
Sorry, is probably due to my bad english)
Tomorrow, i`ll try to capture some little video tutorial about that.


:o Sounds great man :!: :!: :D
musicgreator
User Level XI
User Level XI
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:16 pm

Re: Nebula 4 - to be released in November 2014?

Postby enriquesilveti » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:30 pm

Shibata wrote:musicgreator
Sorry, is probably due to my bad english)
Tomorrow, i`ll try to capture some little video tutorial about that.


I need it too. Thank you! We have VEP NFR here due some latency competition error reports. But no time yet for LAN test.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
User avatar
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2663
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:00 pm
Location: Lodi | Madrid | Buenos Aires

Re: Nebula 4 - to be released in November 2014?

Postby Andrums » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:32 pm

[/quote] From yesterday you can say resolved! [/quote]

When we will see new version?
Andrums
Member
Member
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:03 am

Re: Nebula 4 - to be released in November 2014?

Postby richie43 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:43 pm

Andrums wrote: When we will see new version?

Um.... November, 2014....silly person.
Last edited by richie43 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 4868
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: Nebula 4 - to be released in November 2014?

Postby enriquesilveti » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:55 pm

Depends Giancarlo!
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
User avatar
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2663
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:00 pm
Location: Lodi | Madrid | Buenos Aires

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests