Login

Nebula 4 - to be released in November 2014?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Nebula 4 - to be released in November 2014?

Postby blandry » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:05 am

Tunca_Kucuk wrote:It's my idea about EQ programs.One plugin with multiple program and auto assigned knobs.

And paint... :mrgreen:

!!!!!
blandry
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby Puranon » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:12 pm

giancarlo wrote:1 no

What is it about not being able to have more than +6db gain? Its important to being able to hit the following plugin insert at a hot enough level.
Puranon
User Level X
User Level X

Postby richie43 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:38 am

Puranon wrote:
giancarlo wrote:1 no

What is it about not being able to have more than +6db gain? Its important to being able to hit the following plugin insert at a hot enough level.

You can always use a simple gain plug in between, if you really need to.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby mtalavera » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:58 am

This is going to be a long nine months to wait. :shock:

The metering has been a small annoyance for me as it hasn't seemed consistent. I get around it by putting a VU meter before and sometimes after. I'm excited to see what "Sample Accurate Peak Level and RMS Metering" really means.

I've read Henry Olonga discuss his hopes for a 64-bit NAT capability. Is that also on the horizon?
mtalavera

Postby enriquesilveti » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:18 am

I've read Henry Olonga discuss his hopes for a 64-bit NAT capability. Is that also on the horizon?

NAT PC/WIN x64 already exit from almost two years ago, but is CMD and only works for deconvolve. Please HO contact me for more information and command list.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:01 pm

yes it's possible we'll integrate 64 bits deconvolution in nat 32 bits... remind it to me. At the moment the solution is creating a simple command line script
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby mtalavera » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:35 am

This is the thread where HO is discussing what I thought was 64-bit NAT.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27552&p=61450&hilit=64+bit+NAT#p61319

But he mentions wav64 support, so that may be a different thing entirely. I just liked the sound of how he felt it would really be a game changer.
mtalavera

Postby Shibata » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:01 pm

Tunca_Kucuk wrote:It's my idea about EQ programs.One plugin with multiple program and auto assigned knobs.

Puranon wrote:
3. Multiple programs chained in one instance.

This one is really important to me, EQ's!!!!!
Well, its a good news and i`am waiting for it too. But there is a problem with full EQ configuration, when you load in chain all the presets, let us say Pultec EQP-1A from AlexB, which needs at least three band and bypass, for correct behavior. Due to the low cut frequency around 10-20Hz on every preset instance by default,together,they are сuts much more low freq, then a real unit, as well as tube effect boosting, and sound less pleasant than a one preset instance. I spent a lot of tests, compare a real Pultec EQP-1A vs VST clones and a Nebula`s replica from AlexB, which sound and behaivor was closest to the real unit, but only when active just one preset. So usually, i setup full chain like:
______
BP
20c
30c
60c
100c
MF
HF
______
and do active only BP or only three band, one from combo low freq, and MF+HF, because most using settings on that EQ, usually takes boost and attenuate at the same time, so all three bands are active. Yes, total amount of low cuts and tube character even from 3 band, sounds worse than one, but much better than all.
Well, as we can not change the sampling process and can`t avoid accumulation of deviations, maybe in Nebula 4 multiple programs feature, will be some compensate algorithm or at least possibility to deactivate (not bypass) every preset instance.
Attachments
Pultec EQP-1A chain.jpg
Pultec EQP-1A chain
Shibata
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby enriquesilveti » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:15 pm

Shibata wrote:

Puranon wrote:
3. Multiple programs chained in one instance.

This one is really important to me, EQ's!!!!!
Well, its a good news and i`am waiting for it too. But there is a problem with full EQ configuration, when you load in chain all the presets, let us say Pultec EQP-1A from AlexB, which needs at least three band and bypass, for correct behavior. Due to the low cut frequency around 10-20Hz on every preset instance by default,together,they are сuts much more low freq, then a real unit, as well as tube effect boosting, and sound less pleasant than a one preset instance. I spent a lot of tests, compare a real Pultec EQP-1A vs VST clones and a Nebula`s replica from AlexB, which sound and behaivor was closest to the real unit, but only when active just one preset. So usually, i setup full chain like:
______
BP
20c
30c
60c
100c
MF
HF
______
and do active only BP or only three band, one from combo low freq, and MF+HF, because most using settings on that EQ, usually takes boost and attenuate at the same time, so all three bands are active. Yes, total amount of low cuts and tube character even from 3 band, sounds worse than one, but much better than all.
Well, as we can not change the sampling process and can`t avoid accumulation of deviations, maybe in Nebula 4 multiple programs feature, will be some compensate algorithm or at least possibility to deactivate (not bypass) every preset instance.

We are cooking something related right now.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby Shibata » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:44 pm

enriquesilveti
It will be awesome, because it is the only issue that remains unresolved for me :roll:
Shibata
User Level VII
User Level VII

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula