Login

OSX 10.8.5: "All You Can EAT" files unusable

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

OSX 10.8.5: "All You Can EAT" files unusable

Postby kais0038 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:46 am

I just purchased the Henry Olonga "All you can EAT" sale and I can't use any of the files. Unlike the other files in the folders, they are simply labeled "document." Every other 3rd party library (CDSoundmaster etc.) I've purchased and the commercial library work fine and are labeled "unix executable" files in the "programs" and "vectors" folders.

I used Winzip to unzip the massive collection (just FYI).

Please advise and thanks!

-andrew
kais0038
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: OSX 10.8.5: "All You Can EAT" files unusable

Postby enriquesilveti » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:50 pm

Contact Henry directly for support.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby jorismak » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:01 pm

Contacting Henry via his site will get you help quicker.
You bought a product from him, you have a problem with that product, you contact him for support. Acustica Audio doesn't has that much to do with it :).

That being said, I also purchased the All you Can eat bundle (96khz), and in my zip file is just a 'Programs' and 'Vectors' folder to dump into your Nebula installation, like pretty much any other library.

Did you get errors / warnings during extracting? Did you store the 8gb or 24gb file on a FAT external drive by accident?

Did you use the proper password during extracting? Henry gives password-protected ZIP files to download, and mails you the password when you order. A copy&paste error or typo can lead to weird problems, specially if you have an older version of Winzip.
jorismak

Postby Henry Olonga » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:07 pm

Hi Andrew,
I do advise that folk who have problems e-mail me direct - this is not a bug issue of course. Anyway I assume you are on a Mac. The odd person seems to have problems extracting on a Mac. In fact another Mac user resolved this the other day by using Unarchiver. I am glad you tried WinZip and I hope it is the latest version as that's the first thing I suggest. I do not work on a Mac but I have been able to resolve this unzipping issue by simply advising the customer to do one of two things or both.
With only a few extraction problems from many customers, the download obviously works for most so there are two possibilities.
1) you have a corrupt download
or
2) the extraction tools are inadequate in some way or other.

The solutions are - download the files again as you may have had time outs which may have messed up the file/s -.I can give you a direct link to assist with this. These are big files and anyone with a slow connection may have issues.

Alternatively you may have a perfectly fine download but your tools are problematic. Outdated software or wrong software may have issues.
Some resolve this issue by simply using a different archive product. Stuffit expander, unarchiver etc.
I cannot trouble shoot without much to go on so let me know what OS you are on, which product you boughtetc.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby enriquesilveti » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:32 pm

Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby kais0038 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:05 am

Thanks Henry and everyone else who tried to help above,

Sorry for reaching out on the board as opposed to messaging/emailing you Henry first. I thought I saw someone post here just the other day about something similar so I gave it a go.

So I tried the Unarchiver and now it's all good- everything works. I've never used the Unarchiver before, but it specializes in big files and mac OS. I want to thank you also for turning me on to this program.... I can't tell you how many huge file transfers have gone wrong for me between Windows and Mac.

Thanks again and have a great day/night!!

-andrew
kais0038
User Level 0
User Level 0

Return to Working with Nebula