Login

Long load times now happen.

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Long load times now happen.

Postby gwp99 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:55 am

Win8.1 Reaper-latest, RME UFX

I just installed a 3rd party library (at 96K...I am running at 44.1) (and yes, I tried to correct the problem with the latest N3 Dec(13) version from an N3 Oct(13) version...same version number, but with an updated date?...and same results...

Anyway, loading an instance of Nebula, went from a few seconds, to an unacceptable 30+ seconds "EACH"...with a full compliment of N3 instances in a project, this is now taking an unacceptable amount of time to load a project.

Suggestions?
gwp99
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Long load times now happen.

Postby enriquesilveti » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:14 am

Send me an email to enrique.silveti AT acusticaudio.net
Send me your MAST page. Send me a LOG file. Send me a detailed information about your system.

Acustica Audio crash or bug report: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=369
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby botus99 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:28 pm

Can't be sure, but my guess is that you've simply installed a lot of libraries. The more libraries you have, the longer Nebula takes to load.

That's where Zabakowski's Nebula Setups tool is invaluable for creating separate plugins for separate libraries (or however you wish to organanize). I'd go on, but like I said, I have no way of knowing for sure that that is actually your cause for the issue.
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby gwp99 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:48 pm

botus99 wrote:Can't be sure, but my guess is that you've simply installed a lot of libraries. The more libraries you have, the longer Nebula takes to load....

thanks botus99 - you are right on the money!

It was the last 3rd party library (which is huge) I installed...and at the same time, updated my Nebula (dumb, I know!)

Removed the 3rd party library and each instance now takes 6 sec, which is a big improvement.

I am curious as to why there isn't a scan file created on an initial scan, that can be read in by each instance of Nebula...it seems that Nebula has to go through all libraries each time an instance is created...can this be?!
gwp99
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby giancarlo » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:12 pm

you could reduce lading time adding

<FROZENBOOT> 1 </FROZENBOOT>

to your nebula xml file. Remember to restore it to original 0 defaul value next time you want to add a lbrary or it will not be added automatically. On my system nebula loading time is around 1 sec for a 1500 preset library. Frozenboot is supported since version 1.3.600
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby dwagrimm » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:24 am

giancarlo wrote:you could reduce lading time adding

to your nebula xml file. Remember to restore it to original 0 defaul value next time you want to add a lbrary or it will not be added automatically. On my system nebula loading time is around 1 sec for a 1500 preset library. Frozenboot is supported since version 1.3.600

if I use your frozenboot all libraries are not longer shown or loading in nebula (1.3.602). only the init. if I remove frozenboot all stuff is back. is there a special need information about editing? for me your xml tweak sounds simple to do.
dwagrimm
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby botus99 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:15 am

giancarlo wrote:you could reduce loading time adding

to your nebula xml file. Remember to restore it to original 0 default value next time you want to add a library or it will not be added automatically. On my system nebula loading time is around 1 sec for a 1500 preset library. Frozenboot is supported since version 1.3.600

Holy crap that's awesome! Great new feature!
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby ericus » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:11 am

dwagrimm wrote:
giancarlo wrote:you could reduce lading time adding

if I use your frozenboot all libraries are not longer shown or loading in nebula (1.3.602). only the init. if I remove frozenboot all stuff is back. is there a special need information about editing? for me your xml tweak sounds simple to do.

Please...is it possible to document AND explain those tips? PLEASE !!!!! And I REALLY mean document the process...anything else besides the minimal required version ???

I recently mixed a record using tons of Nebula libs and I still cringe while thinking about the SUPER LONG load times when I wanted to revisit some of those mixes...I've been avoiding using tons of Nebula libs ever since...

I love Nebula but sometimes I have the impression that we're like guinea pigs or something...an earlier post was talking about FREEZEBOOT and now we're talking about FROZENBOOT...wtf ??? Please guys...which one is good?

Un peu de rigueur SVP...
ericus

Postby enriquesilveti » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:54 pm

Is an (new) undocumented MAST page tag, Giancarlo create it to try to find a workaround about this issue. In the near future MUST to find an easy/elegant solution and this new tag might be obsolete, this is the reason the still undocumented.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ericus » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:53 pm

enriquesilveti wrote:<FROZENBOOT> 1 </FROZENBOOT>

Is an (new) undocumented MAST page tag, Giancarlo create it to try to find a workaround about this issue. In the near future MUST to find an easy/elegant solution and this new tag might be obsolete, this is the reason the still undocumented.

Cool! Thank you for the clarification!

I will try it and let you know the outcome. :mrgreen:
ericus

Next

Return to Working with Nebula