I am having issues with Nebula since the upgrade to 1.3.6.
I'm trying to figure it out for quite some time now but can't solve the problem yet.
I work on: Ableton, 64 Bit, windows 7.
So i make a project in Ableton. I use a setup which i made with setups 2. Compressors setup. i have two compressors in this project. Then i save the project and when i reopen the project for the second time both the compressors have changed to a different setup called Amps setup and it is now 1.3.5 again. no more compressors in the setup.
It only happens with the customized plugins not the standard plugin.
I dont want to delete the old 1.3.5 setups because they used in old projects. Which i find quite a handicap.
It seem u are pointing in the right direction, i tried to change the numbers in the magic setting to 4628, 4629 and 4630.
But then the compressors setup isn't found anymore. The weird thing is that i have a console setups also with the magic 4627 number and this does not seem to have the same issue. it just reloads fine. is there other identification info in the XML file?
Is there a way to reset this so i get a new XML file? I copied the XML from my 1.3.5 version because i had previous problems with loading 1.3.6 which seemed to be caused by the empty XML shipped with the 1.3.6 version... I got it to work by copy the XML from 1.3.5 to 1.3.6. which i stil found a little weird. because i expekted that my old 1.3.5. setup files would be updated to the new version. But no i got a new plugin version apart from the 1.3.5.
The recent installers for 1.3.602 (and I guess the upgraders as well) install proper XML files and no duplicates anymore. You can always make a copy of the files you have, delete them, install latest nebula (remember to install your license after a setup. Setup clears license, upgrade doesn't) and then recreate your special verions based on the new XML files.
I know there was a thing where the names have to differ enough, or at least differ before the first 9 characters or something. But IIRC, that was a Cubase specific bug. It might be a good idea to make sure you _completely_ rescan your VSTs from Live. Most DAWs have a 'normal scan' and a 'rescan all' or something like that. 'Clear blacklist', 'clear vst cache' or something like that. It's called different in every other software, but just make sure you completely rescan your entire VST folder.
And btw, it's just weird stuff with this. My Reaper also did it OK. When I was working on Studio One at my work all my different nebula versions would show up, but refuse to be inserted on a track except the official Nebula versions. After two days it suddenly worked.
yes, as long as you make a copy of your VST folder (acustica vst folder) you can always set it back. It might require a VST-rescan from your DAW but it should be fine.
And honestly I have no idea what Live will store in its project files. Some do only magic number, some do filename of the VST plugin, some might request a 'what plugin are you' type of identification they request from the DLL (where you have no control over).. just try it, it's all I can say.
It might be a good idea to search around for Ableton-specific topics here, there might be other weird things with that DAW that I don't know about since I don't use it.
General rule is, that as long plugin's id (magic) and dll/xml files stay the same with the upgrade, there shouln't be any issues. I guess, in your case, Live somehow got confused, so rescaning & rebuilding setups fixed it.
To my knowledge, majority of hosts even don't use plugin id's for plugin identification.