Login

authorization required again for no reason

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: authorization required again for no reason

Postby enriquesilveti » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:11 pm

zwatrif wrote:I've been a Nebula user for about 2 and a half years now. I've purchased many 3rd party libraries and I love what Nebula does to my mixes. I've recommended it to many of my colleagues and friends. Great product! But.......

That having been said - I do have a gripe. I lost my authorization the other night and this is simply unacceptable. I had a mix session scheduled with one of my clients and the session had to wait about 2 hours before I could get back up and running. I did in fact figure out how to get it up and running again, but this type of thing simply should NOT happen. I think a problem like this deserves a detailed explanation of why it happened and steps should be taken to insure Nebula users that things like this won't happen again.

Thanks for listening.

-Mike

Thank you for your input.

Acustica Audio Products Key F.A.Q.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=362

Backup your key
Under user area, my licenses, archive you will find your archived custom customer keys but anyway you are strongly advised to make a safe backup of the custom customer key on a suitable storage medium.

IMPORTANT: Demo key has 90 days expiration time and protected libraries will not able to load.

Added into Nebula request
On boot tell if key is in DEMO mode or wrong.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby giancarlo » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:32 pm

nebula doesn't know that, but the library is aware about that... what makes a protection strong is the unability to understand easily if the protection is still active or not.... and this knd of protection is not on the nebula side, but the library side and we cant remove it any more, unless we crypt and release it again and you install it....sometimes the protection does't remove all things cause a bug,,, like when you go to a shop and you buy something and it still rings. 2 years ago there were much more bugs, so it's possible something did not work
Just a stupid question: did you try to replace the old key? do you have nebula free installed? or nebula setup?
Just trying to figure the a possible reason (ie nebula free tries to load a protected preset and it doesn't like this nebula)
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby jorismak » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:28 pm

And I (or we as users I guess) are still waiting on an explanation why out of nowhere a whole bunch of users had unauthorized Nebula installations (myself included). We already know it looked like _something_ changed the Init.n2p files since they had a modification-date the same as the problems started.

So yes, something overwrote our init.n2p files, needing us to reinstall our authorization/license (it contains _your own_ init.n2p file apparently).

But still no word on how this magically happened, for a whole bunch of users at the same time.. Can be as simple as a library someone posted in the forum that contained his init.n2p file by accident, but I still want to know.
jorismak

Postby sneaky » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:59 pm

I suspect its the new authorisation tool. eventually everyone who upgrades will go through it
sneaky

Postby giancarlo » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:27 am

jorismak wrote:And I (or we as users I guess) are still waiting on an explanation why out of nowhere a whole bunch of users had unauthorized Nebula installations (myself included). We already know it looked like _something_ changed the Init.n2p files since they had a modification-date the same as the problems started.

So yes, something overwrote our init.n2p files, needing us to reinstall our authorization/license (it contains _your own_ init.n2p file apparently).

But still no word on how this magically happened, for a whole bunch of users at the same time.. Can be as simple as a library someone posted in the forum that contained his init.n2p file by accident, but I still want to know.

We don't know.. I was waiting for the expiration of my authorization for debugging but it didn't happen. Just backup your init and replace them if it expires, that's all
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:28 am

sneaky wrote:I suspect its the new authorisation tool. eventually everyone who upgrades will go through it

mmmh it could be... maybe it is generating wrong keys... we'll investigate it too
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby jorismak » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:06 pm

sneaky wrote:I suspect its the new authorisation tool. eventually everyone who upgrades will go through it

Never used it...
never knew it was there... Is it something to care about? :)
jorismak

Postby giancarlo » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:40 am

jorismak wrote:

Never used it...
never knew it was there... Is it something to care about? :)

we checked, no bugs there
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby belnau » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:39 pm

Same issue, running Nebula3License.exe fixed it.

A mailing list would be nice to warn of potential issues like this, also to stay informed on updates. I rarely visit this page because it´s so slow. How slow, you ask? This slow:

Nonetheless, excellent work on the last update.
belnau
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby giancarlo » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:55 pm

we'll migrate in january
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula