IPP question

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

IPP question

Postby FrankydT » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:05 pm

Hi,

I've checked the latest installers for OSX in my download area, respectively:
For Pro versions: 1.3.492, 1.3.505 (No more available), 1.3.600 and 1.3.602b
For Server version: 1.3.502 and 1.3.602b

None of them contains the IPP framework.
They only contain the Nebula Framework, the plugins, AcusticaAudio-Nebula Presets folder, and the NebulaServer.app (server version only)

Only the old installers (no more downladable) contain it, respectively the old 1.3.492, 1.3.502 and 1.3.505

From what I know, the IPP is needed on OSX for CDSoundmaster's plugins and Nebulaman, maybe I'm wrong, but on Zabukowski website there's a post about missing IPP, and CDSoundmaster plugins require to substitute a component inside the IPP framework.

Now, I have the old installers, but someone newer than me to Nebula or someone that didn't keep a backup of old version can't install it.

Is it really needed? Maybe is it now integrated in Nebula Framework?(that's strange to me...)
And more importantly, if it's needed, as it seems to be, how can I update it now to last version? (if it needs an update)

Moreover, I've a request unrelated to this:

It's possible, on OSX, to make Manual Update installers?
This because when Nebula is updated rom.xml, init and other is deleted with current installers.
In this manner, also the permissions problems (Server version only) would vanish, not to mention that this installer type would be much more easy for the developers

Thank you for the attention
FrankydT
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: IPP question

Postby giancarlo » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:36 pm

about ipp, we are installing only nebula framework now. Redistributable files are there. If someone else needs ipp directly, I think he should provide an installer for it. An other solution could be the switching to latest release of acqua libraries and dll.

About installers, if you are interested, I could provide directly our package maker installer folder in a sort of opensource, so you could fix your things, check what is required and release fixes to other ones too. Tell me if it's overkilling.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby zabukowski » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:53 pm

giancarlo wrote:about ipp, we are installing only nebula framework now. Redistributable files are there. If someone else needs ipp directly, I think he should provide an installer for it. An other solution could be the switching to latest release of acqua libraries and dll.

About installers, if you are interested, I could provide directly our package maker installer folder in a sort of opensource, so you could fix your things, check what is required and release fixes to other ones too. Tell me if it's overkilling.

Package maker installer folder would be nice. I guess this would make thing easier for making custom installations. In my case, installing the right IPP framework together with my program would be nice solution.
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby FrankydT » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:44 pm

So IPP is not important... no more. Ok. Good to know.

I've no CDSoundmaster plugins, just (many) libraries so I can't say for it. I was planning about purchasing some of his plugin anyway
Nebulaman works fine here.

Watching now at it on Intel website...
Definitely better you switched to your own framework.
The IPP version now is 7, the one of old installers and CDSoundmaster's one is 5.3.3. I wonder if it works in 64 bit... (jBridged)

About the installer, it's not really a problem for me fixing permissions.
It was more for newbies and for updates:
Now I usually extract the plugins, Nebula framework and Nebulaserver.app from the installer with Pacifist and I put them where needed to avoid reset of setups, xmls, and auth files
I find it more safe (not as a backup). I thought that the manual installer-dmg was an easier way for you too...
The strange thing is on Server only.
Maybe you changed OS or Xcode version?
But if you want, I could look into it. Ok, please, let's do it
FrankydT
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby zabukowski » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:13 pm

I guess IPP framework is not obsolete now, it is just not being automatically installed anymore (talking OSX). Please correct me if I am wrong.

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby FrankydT » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:32 am

I hope so, it's just... I've seen a forum of IPP on Intel support pages where OSX developers were talking about IPP 5 and Xcode 2 :mrgreen:
Many people still works, and does good things, on old computers and daws
I myself am a little old-fashioned...
FrankydT
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby giancarlo » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:05 am

here we are:
https://app.box.com/s/6kyif7vp55u9jymexina

you should place vst and components files there and adding to this installer. For example Nebula3 Reverb.vst beside Nebula3 Reverb.xml. You should add it in package maker too.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby zabukowski » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:30 am

giancarlo wrote:here we are:
https://app.box.com/s/6kyif7vp55u9jymexina

you should place vst and components files there and adding to this installer. For example Nebula3 Reverb.vst beside Nebula3 Reverb.xml. You should add it in package maker too.

Thanks!
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Return to Working with Nebula