Login

Editing Program Names/Categories

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Editing Program Names/Categories

Postby LevelSongD » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:51 am

Hi,
I have a bunch of 3rd-party libraries and not all of them adhere to the Nebula program name conventions. I have the standard categories like Tape, EQ, Reverb, etc, but alongside them I have the AlexB and CDSoundmaster libraries, which (god bless them, they're awesome, but they) use their own naming schemes.

I want to rename, for example, AlexB's Modern Black EQ so that it falls into Nebula's "EQ" category. How do I go about this? Is there a program/utility that can help?

I know there's an option to rename on the first page of the "edit" menu of a patch, but it only allows 3 letters (no parenthetical description), and when I entered 3 letters and saved the patch, the letters disappeared and the patch is now in the ( ) category. Any help or pointers here would be great, thanks!
LevelSongD
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Editing Program Names/Categories

Postby Vando » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:27 am

In NAT you can edit categories and subcategories.
In nebulatemprepository click Nat exe and then List. In List Add the presets you want to edit.
Vando
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby zabukowski » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:25 am

LevelSongD wrote:Hi,
I have a bunch of 3rd-party libraries and not all of them adhere to the Nebula program name conventions. I have the standard categories like Tape, EQ, Reverb, etc, but alongside them I have the AlexB and CDSoundmaster libraries, which (god bless them, they're awesome, but they) use their own naming schemes.

I want to rename, for example, AlexB's Modern Black EQ so that it falls into Nebula's "EQ" category. How do I go about this? Is there a program/utility that can help?

I know there's an option to rename on the first page of the "edit" menu of a patch, but it only allows 3 letters (no parenthetical description), and when I entered 3 letters and saved the patch, the letters disappeared and the patch is now in the ( ) category. Any help or pointers here would be great, thanks!

Alternatively, you can use setups based approach. Make separate plugins with custom program list (one for eq, other for comp etc.). This way different naming conventions will not be disturbing anymore.

http://zabukowski.com/software/?page_id=337

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby Vando » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:50 pm

Yes, Zab's got it right; the best way is to use Nebula SetUps, so you can customize them anyway you want. Loading is much faster too, so it's good for the workflow.
Vando
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:31 am

zabukowski wrote:Alternatively, you can use setups based approach. Make separate plugins with custom program list (one for eq, other for comp etc.). This way different naming conventions will not be disturbing anymore.

http://zabukowski.com/software/?page_id=337

Zabukowski

Another win for my second favorite audio tool.... :lol:
Ok, it's an even shared first place with Nebula.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Return to Working with Nebula