Login

OS X 10.9 -- anyone install the free update?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: OS X 10.9 -- anyone install the free update?

Postby janiq » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:14 am

hello guys

I have upgraded to mavericks recently and now nebula 3 pro is really slow upon loading it takes about 30 sec. to do anything (the same thing happens when trying to load a program or change the value). it is working but this lag makes it unusable at this time. same thing happens either in 32 or 64 bit mode (with jbridge). hope someone can help.

regards

wojtek
janiq
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby giancarlo » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:22 pm

is your mac fast enough? maybe mavericks is slowing something down
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby janiq » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:29 pm

yes my computer is fast enought (imac i5 - 4 cores). this started to happen when i upgraded to mavericks it was fine before. the thing is that nebula 3 pro is the only plugin in my arsenal i am having problem with. can you let me know the best way to reset it ? maybe that will help .
janiq
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby janiq » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:39 pm

i noticed one thing though switching screens inside my daws (live, reaper) helps to change parameters quicker, otherwise i have to wait for the qui to response which usually takes about a 1 min. maybe that will give you a hint ?
janiq
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby giancarlo » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:52 pm

Here my reports:

VST 32 BITS:
starting from mavericks (I think) we have issues with vst 32, which was working before. It's not refreshed visually, there is something related with focus. We'll release a new version based on vstgui 4.1, but I should admin it's not very stable. We received a report from Tracktion developers and at least now Tracktion works (but it could crash). Also reaper now works.

VST 64 BITS:
very good both in reaper and tracktion. It's based on vst gui 4.

AU 32 BITS:
it's based on old engine, vst gui 3.0. Soon we'll release an update both for nebula free and nebula commercial. We fixed the auval issue introduced in lion, and resource issue for nebula3 free (it stopped working in Reaper).
We are mixed behaviours here. In tracktion the gui is not refreshed, but its works perfectly in reaper and in old logic audio.

AU 64 BITS:
It's still in progress.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby swartzfeger » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:33 am

giancarlo wrote:Here my reports:

VST 64 BITS:
very good both in reaper and tracktion. It's based on vst gui 4.

Giancarlo, thank you for the update! Some questions (if you have the time, if not, no worries, I'd rather see you code than satisfy my curiosity)...

vst gui 4 -- are all current Nebula3 releases based on vst gui 3? What does vst gui 4 provide? Better compatibility? Stability?

AU 64 -- ha, you knew someone was going to ask :D Do you think we will see a beta release of AU 64 before the end of 2013, or is it still many months away? I know it's hard to give a certain answer, but I thought it was worth asking...
swartzfeger
User Level V
User Level V

Postby janiq » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:01 pm

thanks for the report Giancarlo. i will wait patiently for the update.
janiq
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby giancarlo » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:35 am

ok today we'll release this 1.3.608 version.
Keep in mind we changed AU type of nebula from aufx to aumf, so I think you should rescan nebula again. In tracktion I cleared au and rescan, in reaper I've open package contents and REMOVED each ini file.

I have no clue if your previous loaded songs will load or not. This update was forced by apple so blame apple :D

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac ... index.html

They say that starting from lion "An Audio Unit of type kAudioUnitType_Effect ('aufx') does NOT support the MIDI selectors." and that "The correct type for an Audio Unit Effect supporting the MIDI selectors is kAudioUnitType_MusicEffect ('aumf')."
So we changed it. Now nebula passes auval :D
I hope they made things roboust enough so your songs keep loading.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby swartzfeger » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:22 am

Thanks Giancarlo!

It looks like 1.3.608 is only available for Nebula3 Free; when will it be ready for Pro/Server?
swartzfeger
User Level V
User Level V

Postby janiq » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:53 am

Hi Giancarlo

Like previous poster said can we have latest version of Nebula 3 Pro/Server as well ? Thanks in advance

Regards

Wojtek
janiq
User Level 0
User Level 0

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula