Login

Mono-L and Stereo button

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Mono-L and Stereo button

Postby superhero81 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:12 am

Cool. So is it best to just keep everything at STEREO (Mono-L mode) Or should I switch when working with Mono tracks? Will there be a difference in audio quality?
Obviously, I would have to keep it at STEREO for the R2R.
superhero81
User Level III
User Level III

Postby cdsoundmaster » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:46 am

Hi superhero81,

Thank you for writing.
In recent versions of Nebula, there is a different handling of the Mono-L/Stereo function.
This behavior was not present in earlier Nebula versions, and it does not occur in the Acqua version of the same program.
For this particular program, the Revox Free program, which is also the Revox ATR 0 program in the full collection, load the program, go to "Kernel", switch to "STEREO" and click "SAVE".
This is processing both Left and Right channels with the same accurate information through the Tape Machine, and will also process Mono.
In earlier dll's, Mono-L read from either Left or Right with the same accuracy.
In this version of Nebula, this shift to only Left is only occurring on this particular program.
The reason is because it is loading with Mono-L when it should be loading with Stereo.
This is an easy fix, since Mono-L/Stereo is saved with the program, and does not change it as a master function for other programs.
This means that saving "STEREO" to this Revox program will fix the issue and does not effect any of your other programs.
I have tested to be sure, and yes it is processing with full accuracy once it is in this mode.

I hope this helps.
Thanks and God Bless You.
Michael

superhero81 wrote:Cool. So is it best to just keep everything at STEREO (Mono-L mode) Or should I switch when working with Mono tracks? Will there be a difference in audio quality?
Obviously, I would have to keep it at STEREO for the R2R.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby superhero81 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:49 am

Awesome! Thanks so much for clearing that up!
superhero81
User Level III
User Level III

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula