Login

Mono-L and Stereo button

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Mono-L and Stereo button

Postby superhero81 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:01 pm

Hi,
This is might be a done question but I would like some clarity on it. Is the Mono-L and Stereo button the same as the Econo/Normal mode button? Meaning, when Econo is showing, you are in Normal mode. Is this the same for the Mono/Stereo button.
When I'm working on a mono track, should I have Stereo showing? and when working on a Stereo track should I have Mono-L showing?
Just wanted to some clarity on this.
Thanks
superhero81
User Level III
User Level III

Re: Mono-L and Stereo button

Postby Tim Petherick » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:17 pm

Yes the same.

superhero81 wrote:When I'm working on a mono track, should I have Stereo showing? and when working on a Stereo track should I have Mono-L showing?
Just wanted to some clarity on th

This is the way I use it but I'm sure many people just leave it at stereo(mono-L showing) at all times. You'll get more focus on mono tracks using Mono( stereo showing).
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby superhero81 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:22 pm

Thanks Timp.
That's what I assumed.
Here is the weird thing...when I try to bounce a stereo track with Mono-L showing (Stereo mode)The bounced track shows up as stereo, but only the left side has audio...the right is blank. So basically its a mono track in stereo form if that makes sense? But, when I change to Stereo showing (Mono-L) It bounces to full stereo?

I'm confused on that.
superhero81
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Tim Petherick » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:53 pm

It may be that the developer only sampled a left channel ....Nebula looks at a stereo file when on deconvolve And maybe the developer then set deconvolve to stereo in nat.In NAT you can set to deconvolve mono left only or stereo.
That means the dev would have to set the preset to mono nebula in order to get it to work properly.

When set you nebula mono-l it looks at the left side only.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby superhero81 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:30 pm

It's CDSM R2R thats doing it. I downloaded the free trial pack...When I use it, its not bouncing down to full stereo.
superhero81
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Tim Petherick » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:33 pm

I'm not sure. I could be wrong. If it's working in the daw in real time before bounce then it's not the preset its some other issue.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby superhero81 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:43 pm

It's kind of hard to hear if its working in stereo or just as mono...All I know is when I bounce the stereo track to another stereo track its just coming out on the left side.
Any ideas or anything I should be looking at?
superhero81
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Tim Petherick » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:56 pm

ok ,

Do any other presets have this problem?
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby superhero81 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:06 am

Nope. No problem with any other libraries. AlexB's and CDSM Booster + works fine.
I soloed each one and bounced a short clip to stereo with each one enabled...CDSM's R2R is the one that doesn't bounce down to full stereo. Now, when I have STEREO showing (Mono-L Mode) on R2R it bounces fine to stereo...BUT I don't know if its applying the effect on both L and R sides?

What are your thoughts? It doesn't make sense.

Any ideas?
Thanks for your help by the way.
superhero81
User Level III
User Level III

Postby botus99 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:56 am

I'm pretty sure when you bounce something with STEREO showing (in MONO-L mode), that you are running in dual mono mode.... IF you're on a stereo track.

If it wasn't sampled in stereo, then the STEREO mode (with MONO-L showing) will only process the Left/Mono channel.

I might be wrong, but I think that's the way it works
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to Working with Nebula